• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Been out of the game for a long time...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snyper1982

Ok, I am building a new C2D rig, and so far this is what I have com up with:

Antec Nine Hundred Case
Asus P5B Deluxe(any other recommendations for a good overclocking board that is a little cheaper maybe, with SLI if possible?)
OCZ GameXtream 700 Watt P/S
2GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ
C2D E6600
EVGA 8800 GTX
Samsung 226BW 2MS(any other recommendations that are the same size, widescreen, and approximately the same price?)
Seagate ST3400620AS x3(1.2TB WOOT!)
Lite-On 20x SATA DVD Burner

Now the main thing I am looking for is a good CPU cooler(looking to hit at LEAST 3GHZ on air). Now like I said, I have been out of the game for a long time, so any help is greatly appreciated. I would like to get some opinions ASAP, as I have everything in the cart, just waiting for some good suggestions so I can pull the trigger.

3ghz is doable on the stock HSF. But if you're looking to keep the cpu nice and cool and noise down, there is plenty of options. I think most people will point you to the Ultra 120 Extreme which just came out and should outperform the Tuniq 120, which has been top dog for the past year basically, by up to 8 degrees celcius at higher OC's/voltages.

Seems like you have money to burn so you might as well go with the best. If you can wait the IFX-14 should be even better.

Those were the exact 2 I was looking at too, but newegg has neither in stock.... Any other recommendations that perform similar to those for around the same price?

Ended up grabing a Scythe Ninja Plus Rev. B, and a 110CFM fan. Should cool quite nicely.

Back