• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Before I buy this tomorrow. Should I? ASRock X99 Extreme6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atari

Hi all,

Finally, finally I'm actually going to be buying all the parts i need for a new computer. Upgrading from my q9450.

Simple question. Should I buy this board? ASRock X99 Extreme6

I was originally going to buy the no frills MSI sli Plus but after reading comments like this I decided on the Asrock board:

"Cons: Well it seems that boards really are faulty. And then some are not. Most people are likely to run dual channel till prices fall. Then people are going to have to RMA boards to have them repaired or replaced. I feel pretty bad for them."

I was wondering what you guys thought of the extreme6. The thing that worries me the most is that I cannot find a review for this board so, i'm shooting a little blind here. I won't be running SLI on my setup ever so no worries there. I like the price too. I'd rather not spend over $300.00.

Thanks guys!

First off, what's your intended usage?

Ahh good question. I'm in the games industry. Namely art side of things with a little bit of coding. So graphic apps, maya/max rendering etc.. I also play games of course but it's not a primary thing. I like how the asrock board supports ecc memory and xeon cpu's. Pretty nice. I wish I could find something about this board.

Just wanted to make sure you'd actually use the extra cores of the X99.

The X99 Extreme6 should be a solid board for you, I haven't heard any complaints :)

FWIW my Z97 Extreme6 has been rock solid.

I haven't heard any complains about X99 Extreme6 ... but just because noone is buying them or not sharing on the forums at all. Really, I haven't seen anyone who bought this board yet. Probably it's a good board as ASRock is making pretty solid stuff lately but I can't say much about this mobo as I haven't seen anything except preview and info on their website.

Back