• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching contest to raise money for CRASH's work in Japan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobnova

Kal-El has put a contest together to raise money for the CRASH program in japan (which Miah's working with/for right now), it costs $5 to enter and all $5 of that goes to CRASH. There are a variety of prizes and such.
It's a very cool thing, and I think that plenty of y'all should enter!

(Plus right now I'm in the lead and just have to post a screenshot...)
Click here, or on the picture to go to the HWBot page, which has a link to the OCA thread. CRASH e-quake contest.png

Heh....

Leave it to you Ed to find a way to get me right back into benching after this past "weekend to forget"....

I will surely join... Doubt that I will win, but it will still be fun.

:thup:

Haha! Knew it was only a matter of time.

My odds are pretty poor too, but I'm going to give it a shot. It's a good cause, and most of the prizes are random-drawing anyway :D

Its too bad I BLOW in 01....but its for a good cause. As soon as I have $5 paypal, I will jump on over.

I was trying to get a few runs in for this, last night. I had a hard time getting 3d01 to run. It seems that the test had a hard time running on any thing over 5.2 ghz on my 955 on ln2. I used the rest of the dewar just trying to get a decent run. Then I screwed up the screenshot of my best run. Pretty bad benching session but I wasn't competitive with my hardware anyways. I need tons of work on my 3d stuff (if I ever get a cpu decent for 3d.)

i actually didn't get any screenshot over 4.0.... :cry:
The first run that completed had a score of ~75000.

Spi 32 I got a decent result but did not have enough juice to tweak at all.

12m27593sp32.JPG

Oh well. I guess those are good enough to qualify for the drawing. (a tek-9 or a p67mobo would be nice....

Well look at that, I've been reading the wrong thread!
Thanks for the heads up.

I won a case of ramen-ish instant noodles. I may cook some in my koolance v2.

is there any cpu's that are capable of running at 100C? That would be awesome to boil water on a running cpu and make some soup....
That would be something unusual to put up on the front page.

Pretty much everything intel throttles at that point, so you could do it.
It'd take a while though, 100w of CPU as opposed to a kw of stove.

maybe put hot or boiling water in it get it hot enough to maintain a boil. maybe a gpu pot would work. There were many claims of fermi's being hot as an oven. That could have been another silly amd commercial.

Back