• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching Ram Time!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Operant

Alright, so the recent benching team superpi competition has gotten me hooked on benching. I feel like my ram is holding me back so it's time for an upgrade! These are the sets I'm looking at right now (I need your thoughts, opinions, recommendations):

2400MHz
G.SKILL Trident X (2x4GB) - LINK

G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series (2x4GB) - LINK

Patriot Viper Xtreme Series (2x4GB) - LINK

2133MHz
Patriot Intel Extreme Master (2x4GB) - LINK

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series (2x4GB) - LINK

A couple more notes:
-I'd rather not spend more than 75(ish) dollars
-I'd like it to fit under my Phanteks CPU cooler
Otherwise, I'm open to anything! :D

Out of those I'd go with either of the 2133mhz sets. The g.skill stuff is a crapshoot now.

Interesting! I figured the I've been seeing the Trident X stuff everywhere but that could just be marketing.

(I am open to sets other than these, as long as they follow the notes I made. :) )

I've been very happy with a set of Kingston Hyper X BDBG-based ram, but that isn't low profile. :/ On the bright side, I thought my 2600k had a horrible IMC, when it runs surprisingly well at 2220+ 9-10-9-24. :)

From these linked best will be RipjawsX 2133 and maybe RipjawsZ but I'm not sure what IC is there now.
For benching best is to look for higher binned PSC. 2133 RipjawsX 2x2GB kits or something like Corsair Dominator GT 2x2GB 2000C8 or 2133 9-10-9 that you can find on auctions. Other good IC can be Elpida BBSE or depends from board also Hypers.

In Spi 1m don't care much about memory , it helps but not so much as in Spi 32m.

The TridentX 2666 kits are the good double sided Hynix but the 2400 kit you linked has been single sided Samsung lately that hasn't been clocking well.

Back