• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for your input AJ! very appreciated! when i finally get around to building a bench i will for sure take those under advisement! :D

After it's all said and done i'll likely go with a regular case, i like rebuilding and re-putting everything back in and pulling it out! :D but thanks for your input, would you recommend an NZXT case? because damn they purdy!

To be totally honest Darren PC Cases are a personnel thing, ie what you like me no like etc get it! The only thing i would say to anyone is make sure you have a case with good Ventilation and cable management holes in the right places! Try to look past the color and if its purdy yeah. AJ.

Thanks again AJ, i'll remember that when i get another case, i high,y regret buying the case i have now for my current build, should have waited.. because in all honesty it's a piece of crap and i'll never buy another thing of Rosewill again...

Gah it's Mid tower, i like full tower and above, i might just go all out on this rig, build an AMD bench, and build it in a cosmos II because damn it's a fine case

Since when was money a question with regard to this rig ?you stated previously that you had a 1500 budget for a system specifically for benchmarking. The only benchmark that amd can compete with Intel on is cpu-z (under LN2). And because of that I'd hardly consider that "going all out".

For benching I would recommend a benching table/station as it will make things significantly easier, especially if you in the future try sub-zero cooling which can't be done in a case.

Last edited:
Serious benching would be on a benching station...agree. just easier when making the inevitable plunge to sub zero.

That would be further down the road, as mother wont allow that... so at least 3 years down the road if not more... so as a started bench what would you recommend?

Oh, how i hate living in canada.. Someone my age can't get ahold of Dry Ice in canada. nor will i pay 70 bucks for shipping to canada from frozenCPU... but thanks anyway

Oh, how i hate living in canada.. Someone my age can't get ahold of Dry Ice in canada.

Sure you can, just have your mother there with you when you purchase it.

If you don't want to bench sub-ambient you really don't have to, just expect a much harder time getting any sort of points going against people who do use sub-zero temps.

My mom wouldn't go for that, trust me. she wasn't keen on me building another computer after i finish my gaming computer as she see's no point to benching... but when i'm older for sure i'll be going with Liquid Nitrogen! :D

On air, the cold Canadian air in the winter months can help. I've put mine out on the porch on more than one occasion. HDDs don't like it, SSDs don't mind. Just make sure everything has stopped sweating and dry before using it when you bring it in

sadly it doesn't get much colder than -20 here :/ or make a custom rad with really long tubes a super pump and have the rad outside...

Back