• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BenQ BL3200PT vs LG 32GK850G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

Hi all,

Looking for advice/opinion.

Currently using the BenQ BL3200PT as my main screen. I have a 1080ti.

Games:

I only play league of legends TFT and occasionally an over the shoulder type game. Currently Resident Evil 2 the remake. I don't play FPS, racing, sports etc. So basically my go to for games are LoL TFT 90%, over the shoulder adventure games and RPG's.

Aside from that I watch NetFlix etc...

I'm considering this LG monitor because it's on sale for $650 in Canada. I've always wanted to try 144Hz and G-Sync but back when I originally cared, prices were too high and larger screens were not available with high Hz.

Thoughts? Should I "upgrade" for someone like me?

Thanks.

This isn't up to us, we aren't 'you'. :)

As you've already noted, you don't really play twitch/fps type games much, but 144 Hz G-Sync is silky smooth.

I suggest hitting a store (when the virus passes and we are allowed) and seeing what it looks like and then figure out if it is worth it to you.

32" and 1440p is getting on that edge of seeing the pixels/low pixel density...in fact, where you are at, is less pixel density than 1080p and 22"... I can see pixels at that size and res... this is worse. Here is a calculator to show what I am saying.
https://www.omnicalculator.com/other/pixels-per-inch

Honestly, I would look into 28" 2560x1440p 144 Gsync...

So what you're suggesting, because I don't want to go down to a 28 inch, is a 32 inch 4k screen?

I'm suggesting you go take a look at things and see for yourself. What I feel is unacceptable may just be OK for others... so, go look and see. Check out a 27/28" 2560x1440 panel and look at the pixel density/how the screen looks compared to yours.

To maintain the higher pixel density, an increase in resolution is needed, yes. That also said, your card isn't 4K/60 ultra capable in most titles.

IMNSHO, that'd be a downgrade. The BenQ is 10-bit. The LG is 8-bit. Color depth always beats Hz for me.

Last edited:
Would this be true if it was for gaming primarily?

Sure, aside from the term "gaming" being horribly overused to the point of being meaningless; a twitch shooter and an RPG are very different. Skyrim, Fallout, Mass Effect, Dragon Age... any game that either has high-quality native or moddable textures looks nicer when the color gradients are so much greater. If all you're playing is Counterstrike, though, you probably don't care in the least about quality and might as well go with a TN panel for cheap maximum refresh rate.

IMNSHO :D

True, this screen is a 10 bit. I've decided not to buy the monitor or any for that matter. Reason being, I can't justify the purchase based on the gaming or lack thereof that I do. The colours of this BenQ are solid and overall it's a good screen. Just as you described "Pettey", Those are exactly the type of games I'd be playing, aside from TFT (League of Legends), and formerly, Witcher, Ghost Recon Wildlands etc...

I also can't afford a 4k upgrade because then I'd have to buy a better GPU

Problem solved.

Thanks all.

Back