• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bent cpu socket pin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
About the only way I guess, bought a P6T V2 recently I was worried about that looked pristine, then I looked at the socket and thought I saw 3 bent pins.

I built it and it fired up well though and is plugging along, from the way mine looked that looks negligable.

I'd never tried it, but if you're that worried I think people used to put a ball point pen with the ball removed over the thing and realign them a bit, but never tried it.

I'd say to try it as is myself, looks pretty safe.

Last edited:
I don't have the pin diagram on hand, but really the only way to find out is to drop a CPU in there and see. I had a few bent pins before, I was able to straighten them out with a jewel flat head screwdriver.

Personally, I would take a magnifying glass, and either pointed razor blade, a needle, or a mechanical pencil with the lead removed, and gently move it back into place. If you are careful, you won't even be able to tell which one it was later.

Back