• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 1155 benching mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Hi Folks

Well...set up my z77 oc formula last night and found that it refuses to even post (it just power cycles repeatedly). Cleared cmos, tried without vga card or ram, also tried a different psu, socket/pins all look fine so it looks like it needs to go out for repair.

So...what's the best 1155 mobo for benching? Asus Maximus V Extreme? GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP7? One of the ASRock boards?

Will be using it under ss and/or cascade.
tia!

OC Formula is one of the best but there is no clear best of the best Z77 board. You can set the same max CPU clock on most available high end series. Differences are mainly in additional features or memory overclocking and there ASUS ROG and ASRock OCF are best.

Thanks Woomack! Think I'll try the asus if I find a decent deal.

EDIT: Hmmm...might be better off getting a 2nd asrock (or wait to see how much to repair my current one and then decide).
- The asus is running about $260 ('new other' off fleabay) or ~$335 new and an ek block is $140 so ~$400 for a 'new other' mobo and new block
- the asrock ocf is running ~$230 new and already has decent water

Thoughts?

EDIT2: Found this...http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?page=0&itemid=734
The asus board seems to consistently outrun the asrock but the differences seem pretty small to be worth the premium. Then again...~6 seconds in superpi32 is pretty massive and checking through hwbot...some of the differences don't look SO small but worth the extra deuce?

Last edited:
Back