• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 1366 mobo for benching?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Hi Folks

Not looking to buy yet but certainly want to keep my eyes open for a deal on a 1366 mobo for benching.

Checking hwbot (only searched for reference clock then scanned the 'used in other benchmarks' section), these seem to be the go to motherboards:
- Gigabyte x58a-oc
- asus rampage iii extreme
- asus rampage iii extreme black edition

Are those the best/fastest boards for this socket? Is there 1 board that rules them all? Is that the right ordering (trying to prioritize the boards)? Am I missing any that should be considered (like the x58 classy, etc)?

Again...just want to figure out what to keep my eyes open for as/when 1 pops up.

tia for the info!

One of these 3 will be best. It usually depends more from CPU than a board. Some cheaper series had bclk wall at about 220MHz. From some you could make additional 20-30MHz but some just couldn't or it needed hardmods.
I have R3E and it's pretty good. From Gigabyte better stick to this OC one as some UD3/UD4 had issues with higher bclk ( depends from revision etc ). I have no experience with EVGA boards but I'm not recommending anything from ASRock, Biostar or MSI as power section was weak in all their X58 boards.

Here is 248+ bclk on P6X58D-E ... the same board that later burned and killed my best i7 920 ...

Thanks as always Mister Woomack our resident Memory Magician!

I'm in no rush so will keep my eyes open for one of those x58a-oc boards. If I get itchy and haven't found one will go with the r3e-be or r3e.

Your p6x58d-e/920 look blasting! Too bad it blasted your cpu, though :/

Back