• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best and cheapest UV dye

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Slammin said:
I used a hi-lighter last year when I had an mcp350 pump and the pump locked up within a couple of hours afterwards. Hi-lighters do contain fiber particulates and they will eat up the bearings in your pump.

Clearly didn't do it correctly then. People used to just stick them in the tubing, now its more often to just stick it in a glass of distilled water first and make sure there are not particles for those who bother to buy a cheapo highliter. For other people we buy a highliter with a liquid resovor and use a hot pin to put a hole in the side of it. Pure highliter juice with no chance of fibers.

Ill have to post some pics, i got the blue UV dye, and its awesome. I can see exactly where my pump is leaking :( haha time for some more epoxy :)

sunrunner20 said:
Clearly didn't do it correctly then. People used to just stick them in the tubing, now its more often to just stick it in a glass of distilled water first and make sure there are not particles for those who bother to buy a cheapo highliter. For other people we buy a highliter with a liquid resovor and use a hot pin to put a hole in the side of it. Pure highliter juice with no chance of fibers.

It seemed everyone used this method. Now you must buy bottled stuff or your motor will die. :shrug:

Coloring water is coloring water. If you do it right, it works pretty good to. Some colors are better then other though.

frozencpu has the best dye out there
few drops in your line and your set.

sunrunner20 said:

If I ever need UV dye again, I'll just spend the 5 bucks rather than risk the chance of killing another $70 pump with a hi-lighter. This V2100B case has no windows, so bling-factor=zero anyway :p

I guess its up to personal choice then. I've no qualm's with it becuase i've had it running with my eheim 1250 for almost a year now.

Back