• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best and easiest lighting for case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Juan71287

HI all.

So I want to get some LIGHT in my new build and I want to know what your opinion on best and easiest lighting will be? The MOBO does not have any LED headers so I am not sure how to do it otherwise. If anyone can give me some ideas I would appreciate it.

I am getting Thermaltake Riing 14 RGB Series High-Pressure 140mm Circular LED fans. I am getting 3 of them, so if it works with those, even better.

Thanks.

Thanks for the great information... Just a few more questions :)

-Is there a way to use regular LED like from eBay that comes in a roll for my case and power it from inside the PC?
-Would I need special cables to do this, if so, which?
-If I go with the NZXT, would my Thermaltake Riing 14 RGB fans work fine with the AM software to change lights and so on?

Thanks.

Unless your motherboard has the led 4 pin connectors on them (mainly asus boards with auros sync) then no, they need to be their strips to work with the controller box
Generally you could just stick the ebay roll in the pc and just use that, usually come with the IR remote but it will not be software controlled.

I also dont believe the thermaltake riing rgb fans work with software?

they come with a wired remote to select what color, pattern and such, and then put it inside in the case behind the back panel.
If you want software control for fans then again you will have to go with either corsair SP/HD (require a lightning node pro box or commander pro box to be software controlled) or their LL RGB fans which include the lightning node pro control box, the ML RGB fans are also coming out.
on the nzxt side your only options are the AER RGB fans (require the Hue+ controller box to be software controlled)

Theres seems to be a premium version with software control, as far as I know no software other than thermaltakes own software will work with it.

If you want to program your own patterns and aren't satisfied with those cheap RGB kits, get some WS2812 RGB strips and an Arduino.

So I just went with a $20, 5M, RGB from Amazon. Super glued it to the RGB controller on the Phanteks Shift I used for the case, and it works perfectly. :)

1BzmzVP.jpg

pfKh19C.jpg

H5LZEeb.jpg

That case is pretty, what is the make and model. Does it allow for it to be turned on it's side?

I was going to mention easiest=Christmas tree decoraroin from home depot:)

Wow, that thing looks sweet! Like a time machine! Can it lbend colors, like blue blends nto green?

I really like how this case looks on the photos but somehow it's big for ITX. I'm always complaining about something ( not about your build as it looks great ) so you may ignore it but at first I was like wow, nice case and later I was like hmm, it's almost as big as typical full tower ... it still looks nice, I'm just constantly looking for small case which has enough space for good cooling and looks good while most good looking ITX cases are simply big. My last idea was to put 7900X/X299 ITX into small PC case but no way it will be quiet or cool enough to keep stability under full load.

That case is pretty, what is the make and model. Does it allow for it to be turned on it's side?

I found the case, it is a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift and it seems that the case can be laid on it's side with the glass side up which also means that the other glass side is down. I was kind of wanting to turn it sideways with the window facing out. You could probably turn it like that anyway.
Since it is a mITX, I am not really interested in that form factor. Again, this is a beautiful build.

:) Hang It in the kitchen and everyone at the Christmas party will gather and marvel at the "mystic cocktail maker"

I love the case!

I'm not sure if you have had any issues with the AIO cooling performance, but I don't think you have it mounted correctly. Per the pictures you posted:

1.) The Pump is in the block mounted to the CPU. It is above the radiator. Corsair recommends that the pump be level or below the radiator
2.) The hoses coming out of your radiator are on the top of the radiator. Air goes to the top and the liquid to the bottom. The way you have it mounted, you can get air into your hoses. Corsair recommends the "intake" hose that goes to the CPU block be "lower" so that it can't suck air. The way you have it mounted, you could be sucking air into the pump.

Air being circulated through your system will cause you headaches...temps will spike for no reason...and the pump will wear out much quicker if it is pulling on air versus liquid.

If you are going to have the case sitting like your pictures, it would be better to put the radiator on the top (with the hoses pointing down) versus the bottom with the hoses pointing up!

Back