• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Bang for Buck

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok great.. Even if I overclock? Also on a side note.. With this setup what kind of ocing should I be expecting? (with an aftermarket cooler for the cpu)

Plenty if you overclock as well.

3770k you can expect around 4.5Ghz on quality air cooling... maybe a bit less depending on ambient temps, case airflow, etc. :)

Both the 2500K and the 3570K should be able to get up to about 4.5GHz. A good amount make it past that, but not far.

Difference between the two is cooling though. With a Hyper212 Evo, you can get to that 4.5GHz mark on Sandy Bridge, but you'll probably max out temps around 4.2GHz on Ivy Bridge. To hit that 4.5GHz mark on Ivy Bridge, you'd want something a bit heftier like a TRUE Spirit 140.

Oh wow.. that will be so nice :) And I am so looking forward to not having to be scared to open a temp reading program.. (Right now I have a laptop with a 1st gen i7.. when at load it runs at around 95C) :p right now at idle (only have chrome open) its at 72C

If I get an aftermarket cooler I want to get the noctua nh-d14 Will that let the 3570k reach 4.5? (I live in england where tempatures dont get above 20C very often..)

Ok.. I really like the overpowering look of the noctua though :p Ill think about it when I get there.. Ok well I think I got all of the info I needed. Thanks everyone and especially Knufire for all your help

The huge heatsinks can end up being a PITA to work around, plus they tend to overhang RAM slots, so you're forced to get LP RAM.

Back