• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best bio for nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just ran into the BIOS 10 bug... tried to flash and update back to d23 and the board now refuses to POST... IMO, don't use anything below the 20's, sure they get higher FSBs, but the d20 and above are actually moer stable. Had a 2500+ at 2.4 with d23, then went down to d10 modded (and I'm stupid cause I didn't realize it was a ram thing, not my cpu... lowered the dimm voltage to 2.7v instead of 2.8v like it was when stable) to try and fix my stability, but it created more problems than it fixed :(

Constantinos said:
Well i have 1 gb mushkin pc3500 lvl 2 so i am aiming for FSB of 220+. If i am flashing the BIOS with the windows utility why would i get the red box? I thought that red box only came up with floppy flash? Also were could i find one of these modded d10 bioses?

*note: i dont use SATA

I mean the red box/message that comes when you change something in the bios, and save it. In the newer bioses, it almost reboots "twice" after you do a bios save, once, and it shows that red box warning you not to power off or something, and then again when it actually boots your system. AFAIK, this is the "fix" that fixed the bios corruption from early bioses.

So what your saying is the d10 bioses wont corrupt me? I am confused now.

I want a small answer for this question: What bios is most stable for FSB of 220+ and where can i get it.

No, the d10 bios MAY still suffer from bios corruption.

Unfortunately, there is no real simple answer for that. All bioses can pretty much do 220+ fsb. If you have a Barton 2500+, then you won't be able to use your 10/10.5 multipliers at 220+ fsb w/ cpu interface enabled.

As juliendogg said, both bioses (d10 and d20/21/22) should be able to do 220fsb. It doesn't seem like you really care to push it far beyond that, so I'd say you just stick with the newest official d22 bios (especially since you don't use SATA). You can get it straight from Abit's homepage (www.abit-usa.com). Make sure you download the bios for the v2.0 board, not the v1.x boards... If you flash the wrong one, you'll be left with a dead board.

bios 10 kills my windows instalation. It corrupted the windows files both times I tried it. (no i dont use sata)

d10 still does suffer from corruption, and REALLY make sure that you get the d22 not the d23 (which is listed as the newest on ABIT's site) because I accidently flashed to the d23 (had it sitting on my hdd for a while and didn't realize I was using d21, not d23) and had a dead board. Luckily I was able to replace it (after attempting to blind flash and hot flash) and will be finishing putting my system back together tonight (I hope).

Back