• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best cooling for E8400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Same

Am looking into buying one of these, and was wondering what is the best HSF for them? Still the TRUE 120? if the TRUE 120 can someone link me to a fan that works well with it? Thanks.

I've got a Tuniq Tower 120 and it works great. Have it on a hotass prescott 630 and oc'ed to 4.0Ghz stays at 34-ish idle and around 40ish loaded.

TRUE 120 o OCZ vendetta 2, swap the fans with a scythe 2k or 3k and enjoy the cooling....

i have the vendetta 2 with a 3k scythe on it and it keeps my e7200 pretty nice at 30

TRUE = Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme ... Its currently the best air cooling solution around ..

I've seen numerous reviews and threads that state this is no longer true, cooler from Xigmatek amongst others have apparently dethroned it, maybe 3 months ago this was true. The TRUE 120 also apparently needs some lapping done in order to get good results out of them as well.

Just thought I'd mention that $60 HSF are not needed for a 4ghz overclock on an E8400/E3110 if the voltage is under 1.4V, something like a Scythe Katana 2 for $25 can do the trick quite easily, depends also on the case and airflow though of course.

Back