• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best cooling setup for me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roguebantha

Registered
Hey, I was wondering what you guys thought would be the best cooling setup for my particular parts.

I have an NZXT 921 Guardian RB case, with 3 included case fans, along with an H75 liquid cooling system. The case has a fan on the side, front (I know the side is intake and I'm assuming the front is too) and rear (which I assume is exhaust). My H75 will be mounted at the top of the case. (unless I get enough feedback saying that that is a stupid idea?) My main question is whether I should mount the radiator push-pull fans for the H75 as intake or exhaust. I've seen a lot of people say a lot of different things, so I thought that if there was anywhere I should get a final say on, it's the people who would know best; the overclockers among us :)

Front intake, top and rear exhaust, as far as the side fan I'm not a advocate of them. They tend to disrupt the airflow from front to back but you can try it either way to see what works best.

I would have the front and side as intake and top and back as exhaust as already stated. I will say though, if there are no filters in the case, I would than suggest having the top as intake as well and just use the back as exhaust.

I will say though, if there are no filters in the case, I would than suggest having the top as intake as well and just use the back as exhaust.
I'm curious GTX on what your thought process is on this suggestion. Is it just a suggestion to so the op will have positive air pressure in the case?

Id stick with front/sides = intake and top/rear = exhaust. I wouldn't change it around, filters or not. The dust that gets into the cracks if there is more exhaust than intake isn't really much when your intake isn't filtered. The cracks are the least of your worries.

I'm curious GTX on what your thought process is on this suggestion. Is it just a suggestion to so the op will have positive air pressure in the case?

Yes positive pressure and feeding the rad with fresh air. The temp difference would and should be only a few degree improvement. At least that's what I've experienced in the past.

If he is after every degree C... I will agree. If he's not (and not sure why he would be) then I wouldn't mess with it. :)

My main question is whether I should mount the radiator push-pull fans for the H75 as intake or exhaust.
It wont make a difference if it's at the rear or top as they should both be exhaust as mentioned above.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone.
I don't happen to have filters on this build, but I think that mounting the liquid cooling system as exhaust will serve overall system temperature better, and provide or more standard setup.

Back