• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best fan for a CPU heatsink! What do you think is the best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
At this stage I am getting the Scythe S-Flex F (SFF21F), Yate Loon D12SH-12, Zalman ZM-F3, Panaflo M1BX, Scythe KAZE-JYUNI "SLIP STREAM" SY1225SL12SH, A couple of the Sanyo Denki models the 9G1212E402 120mm x 120mm x 25mm Fan and the 109R1212H102 120mm x 120mm x 38 mm Fan, and a couple of others I am still looking at plus some Fans I already have. Some of these are proving to be very hard to get in Australia. The Sanyo Denki ones only come with bare wires unless I buy 100 or more:bang head so I have to get the Molex connectors then work out where the wires go. LOL.

+1 for SanAces

Just grabbed 4 120s off of eBay, they are phenomenal fans, so much pressure and DB/CFM ratio is great. CPU temps dropped from 62C (YateLoon high speed) load on the hottest core to 57-58 . Next up, dropping one on my HR-03.

Last edited:
dicko, check ebay..

I have pulled many fans from there for dirt cheap. I know you are in the "land of many things which kill" but still it shouldnt be too hard to get.

+1 for SanAces

Just grabbed 4 120s off of eBay, they are phenomenal fans, so much pressure and DB/CMF ratio is great. CPU temps dropped from 62C (YateLoon high speed) load on the hottest core to 57-58 . Next up, dropping one on my HR-03.

Thanks I have checked ebay and there is nothing at the moment I will keep looking.
Also Adragontattoo I like that bit about "land of many things which kill" It is only too true. We have lots of nasty stuff up where I live in Far Nth Qld.:eek:

Dicko, Petra's carries 120x38 SanAces but you have to catch them early because they sell faster than crack, but they're ridiculously overpriced there as well, something like $25 each.

Dicko, Petra's carries 120x38 SanAces but you have to catch them early because they sell faster than crack, but they're ridiculously overpriced there as well, something like $25 each.

I just E mailed Petras about shipping to Aus thanks for the tip on them.:beer:
Even shipped they will cost less than what I am paying for the ones I have just ordered.

Back