• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best fan setup for cooling performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrozenC4

Registered
Hello!

I am building a £300 gaming rig using the fractal design core 1000. It has support for 3 fans and I have a query on how to configure them.

I will control the fans with SpeedFan for maximum efficiency when it comes to the noise level and performance. I have an idea to draw cold air in from the front and back, then eject hot air from the fan in the side for positive air flow which I have heard is what the ideal setup when it comes to cooling performance. Please could you notify me on which setup is best for the three fans, and if possible, which models/brands are the best considering the budget.

Thanks as always, Max Vandenwyngaerden.

Positive/negative pressure is overrated. You want good airflow.

Front to top rear. Sidefan is in usually. You won't need it for a 300 rig tho. Not enuff heat.

Just looked at that case. A 92mm in the rear.......... Boy that is a old case. Can't you find a case with 120 front 120 back 120 top?

Speedfan? If it works for you. It's way old and wonky.

Use the mobo fan header and get a PWM splitter and all PWM fans. Honestly, a simple cheap fan controller under $20 would be fine.

Try Speedfan first, it will depend on your mobo. Once built then decide.

Back