• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best fans are... what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm wondering if a mistake was made. Going by that chart i could knock a few degrees of my temps and reduce sound levels by replacing the fans on my noctua. Is there any other evidence that this result is true?

I'm wondering if a mistake was made. Going by that chart i could knock a few degrees of my temps and reduce sound levels by replacing the fans on my noctua. Is there any other evidence that this result is true?

The only review I've found on those fans is the one I linked to on my response to the OP yesterday. (This one), every Google result for reviews on that fan leads me to the same review hosted at a multitude of "enthusiast" sites. I don't know what type of reputation ehume (The review author) has around these parts, but he seems to be quite knowledgeable and helpful over at his "home forum - OCN".

With these fans a fan controller is a must. LOL "Ultra Kaze" High CFM, great for Overclocked Benchmarking. :)
IMG_0490.jpg

Gentle Typhoons are known as the best by many enthusiasts for quality/ quietness /CFM ratio; however, I’m a little surprised that no one has mentioned Yate Loons. They are a little louder, but they are of high quality and at over half the price of GT’s. This could be a determining factor when purchasing 6+ fans (as it was for me). Either way, with the furnace.. I mean Bull Dozier, you’re probably going to need a high CFM fan (70 to 80 CFM) IMO.

You guys are awesome. All of you. Our modem decides to die for a few days, and look what happens to this thread! Thank you for the wealth of information. I'm gonna go read that fan review.

Oh, and yeah, my bulldozer chip (aka, my personal space heater) seems to be mildly defective, and generates so much heat it's not even funny.

The fans this noctua C-14 came with aren't moving the air away from the fins fast enough. I'm considering replacing them with something more powerful.

Thank you!

Hmm. The Yate Loon D12 fans seem to be what I'm after.

I notice the noctua fans did badly. Wow, I wouldn't have guessed... they're so amazingly quiet!

Back