• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best LGA775 Overclocker???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2ntense

Purchasing some new components for a new PC. What is the best LGA775 OC'r to match with my ASUS P5AD2-E Premium? At the very least I will be water cooling although I am looking into phase change again.

Thanks

Id have to say the 570J's... batboy can do 4.7+ on air, he runs I think at 4.4 on air stable... my 560J can only do about 4350 stable. It seems the 570's do very well, but alas, their price is quite high.

Depends on whether you want the highest clock regardless of price or you want the best bang for the buck. My 4.7+ was only a max screen shot. I can do some benchmarking at 4.5 gig, but to be truly stable on air, I need to back down to 4.4 gig. For the price, Nik's 560J might be a pretty good option. Regardless of which one you get, make sure it's an E0 stepping.

I would like to get the best bang for the buck. Usually staying around no higher $225 for a processor. But if you think spending more would be worth the $$$/performance than thats fine with me too.

the 3.2 is a pretty good overclocker, i ran 3.9ghz stable on stock voltage and 3.7 on .1v less than stock. :)

I always buy retail CPUs when I get one brand new. That couple of extra bucks for the 3 year warranty is worth it. Also, when I resell the CPU, most potential buyers want that stock cooler if they are not hardcore overclockers.

Don't expect to overclock these Prescotts much with stock coolers. How high you can go depends on what it'll do with default vcore and if you have good case ventilation. A 3.4 should easily do 3.6 gig with low vcore and stock cooling. Above that you really should have better cooling (in my opinion).

Back