• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best low-profile heatsink for Sandy Bridge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
shythe big shuriken i have heard good stuff about

Depending on how low a profile heatsink you are looking for, I would recommend a couple of different heatsinks. If extreme low profile is needed, I would recommend the Prolimatech Samuel 17 at $39.95 (no fan included). My review of this heatsink is right here. It was good enough to cool my i7 930 at 3600 with no problems. The installed height without fan of this heatsink is 45 mm. Put a standard case fan on it and you are looking at a total installed height of only 70 mm and if you look at the pictures in my review, you will see that it gave me no interference problems with the ram on my test mobo. If you can stand a bit taller heatsink, I would recommend looking at the Thermalright AXP-140-RT (comes with fan) for $64.95. It's a bit taller than the Samuel 17, but still comes in under 100 mm tall with fan. I haven't tested this one, but I have seen some folks running it very successfully on high wattage systems here in the forums. I think those would be your 2 best bets, but the shuriken that wagex mentioned might also be a decent choice too.

Back