• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best method/suggestions backing up windows OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jandre

Registered
Just bought a new laptop from asus. I have windows 7 64bit installed and am wondering what the best solution is to having a backup of my windows in case my drive crashes or something unexpected occurs, I think this is a system image? I've had bad experience backing up to DVDs.. is it better to backup to an external drive? Have you guys had good experience with doing so?

I use Acronis True Image and back up to a separate HDD (internal or external).
Good thing with the last versions is that you can restore an image created on a hdd to a ssd without hassle.

I'll go invest a small little external drive and check out this software. Definitely like the fact that I can easily put an image on an ssd if I ever upgrade.

Cheers

Partition hard drive to make images smaller. Install large applications and games on a partition other than the main OS partition you'll be frequently imaging/reimaging so that the process goes faster.

Might even consider installing a dual boot and image one OS from the other and vice versa.

Back