• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Ryzen build under 1000$ New your Opinion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keithn

Registered
Here is the best amd under 1000$

CPU

AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core processor

ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard

Chipset: AMD B450

Memory

G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Storage

ADATA - Ultimate SU650 960 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB ARMOR Video Card

Case

Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply

Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

need your opinion

Also when do you want to build this? I'm not a huge fan of waiting but 6 months could get you a really sweet system if you're not in a hurry.

I am thinking of buying 2K monitor. I am building this PC for gaming as well as video Editing.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Also when do you want to build this? I'm not a huge fan of waiting but 6 months could get you a really sweet system if you're not in a hurry.

I want to get it ASAP.

I don't see anything wrong with list you came up with. The case is a personal choice, Fractal makes great cases, so if it works for you....I saw the Corsair Txm 650w Psu for a few dollars less but either will do.

I went with an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MB ($97 on sale) and an AMD RYZEN 5 2600 ($166) with G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200 RAM($134). I am Very happy with this combo. I run the CPU at 4 GHz max and use the Ryzen balanced power setting. It runs at 4GHz under load but drops down to 1.6 GHz at idle. I bought an Arctic 33 esports one cpu cooler and then added a second Bionix fan. It idles at 28-30C and tops out around 56C while gaming.
It is amazingly fast compared to the I7-870 build it replaced. I kept my GTX1060 3GB video card and my Corsair TX650 PSU.
I also bought a Corsair MX500 500GB nvme HD and it works well but it doesn't perform any better than the Samsung 850 Evo 500gb SSD that I use as my OS drive.

Last edited:
Back