• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best setup for 900D case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMiguel

Super User
Continuation from this thread: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749299 was all over the place with mb issues etc, want a fresh start

Trying to water cool a 3930k and 3 or 4 290x (still trying to decide) and i want to overclock them a bit :) so since im spending the money i want to do it right from the beginning so im looking for the BEST setup for this case...

Based on the latest reviews of the XSPC RX V3 it seems to perform better than the UT60 thats why i picked... This is based on a bit of research and answers from this and other forums...

1 XSPC RX480 Quad Fan Radiator V3 Top PUSH/PULL
1 XSPC RX480 Quad Fan Radiator V3 Bottom (non psu side) PUSH/PULL
1 XSPC EX240 Multiport Dual Fan Radiator (psu side) PUSH/PULL Only 240 so i can fit the pump between it and the psu
1 XSPC EX240 Multiport Dual Fan Radiator PUSH/PULL (front not sure if it fits)

In my limited knowledge on the subject, I do know you want to know your watt load. Meaning if your processor takes like 250w @ a 4,7 oc and your 2 ATI 56 dual amd 290's for example. using say 400 w each would total wot 1050. Take that number and devide it by 130 ( why 130 not sure). But that answer would be 8.07 or say roughly 8 120mm rads to my understanding.
fit
So I suppose a person would want their case to fit either fit 4 -240mm rads, 2 - 360 mm rads and probably 240 mm rad For that heat exchange.

looks good, i say yes. you're above what you'll need, so now you'll be able to go quiter/turn down the fans and still get really good cooling. dont over think this, do what is fun to you... you could run the above combo of radiators in JUST push or pull and still have really good cooling.

i still say only 3 GPU.

Last edited:
I think 3 or 4 GPU's has to be known as these GPU's are upwards of 300 watt's. Have seen claims from 250 to 290

That being siad your CPU is 130 watts. Figuring three GPU's as 4 really does not make a lot of sense we are talking about 955 watt's loaded using 275 watts for each card. I think 120.10 is where I would be. I would not run a single loop. Some may say it will be fine, and it would be, but at the end of the day the math simply does not support a single loop. Mch better of with a 120.2 loop for the CPU and and a 120.8 loop for the cards

this would give you a loop that would need to disapate 65 wats per fan for the CPU loop and 103 watt per fan for the GPU loop

it is easy to see how a single loop would have to dispate 95 watts per fan. while it would possibly take off about 8 watt's on the gpu side of things it add 30 watts of load to the CPU side, not a good deal IMO, that is why I would use two loops for a build of this magnitude.

If going in that direction you can use a looser fin rad and quiter fans for the CPU side and will need a tighter fin and stronger fans on the GPU side of things

ill be doing single loop for the simplicity, but ill use dual pumps to keep good flow, some one recommended going like this:
1 XSPC RX480 V3 Top
1 XSPC EX480 Bottom (non psu side)
1 XSPC RX240 V3 Bottom (psu side)

basically swapping the bottom radiators so there wouldnt be a problem with the PSU

pump wise ill use the MCP35X2 not sure on the reservoir (but i want something like the Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 V2 - Clear Body & POM Version)

Last edited:
Last edited:
I wont be doing this anymore, but based on the research i did what i listed is the best

:confused: No extreme build? I can't imagine the build up for this and totally cutting off this project. I'd be in extreme pain. :p It could possibly be wife aggro that scrapped the project. At least that's the usual excuse I hear around here. lol

:confused: No extreme build? I can't imagine the build up for this and totally cutting off this project. I'd be in extreme pain. :p It could possibly be wife aggro that scrapped the project. At least that's the usual excuse I hear around here. lol

im not doing this one, im doing the Super Monster Build =) maybe you got thread confused :p

you said it:

Holy smokes. A big turn of events by Miguel building a super rig.

entrepreneurs-types-trevor-mcclintock.jpg

Back