• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best thermal adhesive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vdgamer

what do you guys use to glue VRM and memory heatsinks on graphics card when installing coolers like Accelero Xtreme ? i bought that new paste AC cameout with that takes 10Hr to cure and is easy to remove but found it insufficient and cant trust it, what would be some options ?

youre serious about tim and superglue aren't you? i can see how thrermal tape works for memory chips but will it hold up under vrm temps? also what do you think of this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100013

I've actually found that double-sided thermal tape works quite well. I've taped heatsinks to nine VRM's/mosfets on one of my motherboards and they hold on quite well, been on there for over six months now and I haven't had any fall off or come loose. It really does help transfer the heat too, as I've noticed under heavy loads that they do heat up.

"motherboard" work is the key, im talking about overclocked 570 or 580 graphics card those vrm heatsinks get so hot there impossible to touch

obviously it will hold but is it completely one time installation and theres no way of removing heatsinks without memory and vrm chips?

For the HR03 the ramsinks came with a pad attached to the bottom which was very ineffective, I took all of them off and used some arctic silver. The stuff is really thick and gives a great hold.

If you clean the VRM/ram properly, thermal tape sticks. There is oil in the thermal pads on a GPU etc. It doesn't come off with alcohol. You need goop off, acetone, fingernail polish remover, or I use Artic Clean, look it up.

I also use sekisui (sp) thermal tape. Extremely good. You can buy a smallish amount pretty cheap on ebay, look it up. It's VERY thin, great thermal properties.

I know, but it works great as an adhesive and performs twice as good.
theres no way as5 will hold vrm heatsink when it heats up to 100C, its grease, it would work great if heatsink was bolted down, but we are talking about adhesinve that glues sink to chip and its still possible to remove without damage.

theres no way as5 will hold vrm heatsink when it heats up to 100C, its grease, it would work great if heatsink was bolted down, but we are talking about adhesinve that glues sink to chip and its still possible to remove without damage.

I guess that depends on the ramsink itself, I was using AS5 along with the HR03-GTX and had zero issues, it held perfectly fine and performed much better.

Back