• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Xfire MB for overclocking? Athlon 620/30 to be precise :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

j0hnsm1th

Ok hey guys, another long title :p so it is computer upgrade season for me, getting a new case, a 74gb velociraptor, I just sent back an athlon 630 with a bent pin on ebay, full refund, and I am looking at getting a new MB.

At the moment, my motherboard is great, it has great features etc, but I want a crossfire board, that is known to give great overclocks.

That is basically what I want, and I really don't know what else to say here, except thanks in advance ? :D

EDIT: Btw I am not upgrading my ram anytime soon so AM2 or AM2+ :)

Last edited:
The Gigabyte 790X boards have a good OC'ing history. Look for a Gigabyte GA-790X-UD4 if you want to use DDR2. As far as I know all the 790X boards out there are Crossfire 2x8-bit.

If you'd like to move up to 2x16-bit look for the 790FX boards. Any of them are good OC'ers, pick your flavor.

I would avoid DFI boards at this time. For some reason DFI just didn't work very hard on their AMD chipset boards this time around ...

Back