• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

better choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dragonstorm2254

Registered
hello again all,

i need your guys's opion on to boards.. which do you think is the better? I also have the 955 cpu to use with either board, with a GTX285. im not running sli, i might get the 295 in the fuure or wait and get the 385 when its released but that is not in the near future.

ASUS M4N82 Deluxe w/6g of ocz fatality ddr2 1066
or
ASUS M4A78T-E w/6g of GSKILL ddr3 1333 ram

hello again all,

i need your guys's opion on to boards.. which do you think is the better? I also have the 955 cpu to use with either board, with a GTX285. im not running sli, i might get the 295 in the fuure or wait and get the 385 when its released but that is not in the near future.

ASUS M4N82 Deluxe w/6g of ocz fatality ddr2 1066
or
ASUS M4A78T-E w/6g of GSKILL ddr3 1333 ram

If you have the ddr2 already go that route ,if your buying all of it new get the ddr3.

I would go with a FX chipset with ddr3. But if you already have ddr2 and a ddr2 board i would just keep what you have until better boards come out in the future.

I would go with a FX chipset with ddr3. But if you already have ddr2 and a ddr2 board i would just keep what you have until better boards come out in the future.

Agreed. I would get a 790Fx{or gx for that matter) since you said you weren't going to sli. It will probably help with oc'ing and I would personally go DDR3, but I would NOT go with 6 gb's. I would go four or eight (the eight being in 2x4gb sticks not 4x2gb sticks. And I don't even think they make 4gb sticks in dual channel...)

Back