• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better cooling for HP Pavilion DV9500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

My friend gave me an HP Pavilion that he had beaten "to death" it was dispalying 5 rows of same screen, wouldnt boot windows, and other issues.

I took it apart, found that he had hit it to so hard, the Cooling system and keyboard had gotten unplugged.

Long story short, i fixed it, and its running, but my god this thing is like holding a bowl of boiling water! :sly:

I have read around, and i know from my sister that this is actually common, but since this HP now is mine to keep, and its faster then my current laptop, why not use it?

So my question, is there a better cooling system out there for these mega hot HP or, is down to airflow mods or what can i do to cool it more?

for my personal lappy i take them apart and redo the TIM and also replace the fan(s) in them....but i do fold 24/7 on 2 different laptops..make sure to clean all vents and fins on the heat sink...

Well i already had it taken apart, cleaned, new paste, and still its hot as hell.

In fact i jus stuck it in the freezer to cool it down. This laptop does not like heat. I doubt it helps im in a country with 35 degrees celcius outside at night.

Back