• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BETTER IS JUST BETTER!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
we are the rc gang but, that thread is getting so deep a lot of info in it is being missed.
Oh man I know it, have went searching in there for the odd thing and unless I remember roughly when it was ... welll wading through 3300 posts is a slow job!

^Very true.

I've spent over an hour trying to locate a post that I remember reading a few months ago.

Mr. Nova, how do you determine the ripple of a PSU? O-Scope?

Yup, o-scope. Without one, forget it.
If you have a MCU with a reeeeaaaally high sample rate, 12bit or better, ADC in it you might be able to use that to get a very rough idea.

You must have not read any of his PSU reviews on the front page... :(

Here is one: http://www.overclockers.com/quiet-dark-power-pro-10-750-power-supply-review/ :thup:

Wow, I must admit at first I was a bit offended as I read reviews on everything I buy and tons of stuff I might buy in the future. Once I started reading though I realized you are right. I don't believe I have read any of Bob's PSU reviews. VERY WELL DONE. Now I'm off to see if Bob reviewed any of my current equip.

Oh, if you haven't tried champipple before, well, let's just say it's a once in a life time experience.

Edit: didn't find a review from Bob on my rm850, but I did find one from JonnyG Looks like I'm getting about 30mV on the 12 rail. Nice

Last edited:
last night i haced in my resevator so it's time to throw in the frozen water bottles and give p95 at 5.6 a go again.
that first temp spike when loading the cpu is just killing me and this just might get me over that hump.

last night i haced in my resevator so it's time to throw in the frozen water bottles and give p95 at 5.6 a go again.
that first temp spike when loading the cpu is just killing me and this just might get me over that hump.

Frozen water bottles?? What have you been up to C_D?

Not only Frozen waterbottles but, assuming Evercleared spelling, haced in my resevator= Hacked into the reservoir? What the hell did you hack into it with?

Not only Frozen waterbottles but, assuming Evercleared spelling, haced in my resevator= Hacked into the reservoir? What the hell did you hack into it with?

A zalman reservator maybe.... Steel and aluminium. Can be a pig to get open.

Dropped chilled bottles in one myself years back.

Edit: just watch out for condensation if your going sub room temp water. One drip off the cpu block and its boom time :)

You could also use more than one psu. With care you could spoof load a second psu just to power the cpu. One way to get cleaner rippled power to your cpu without as much swaying and vdroops...

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone has coated their entire Mobo/Gpu with that Neverwet. I was also wondering if as the caps and such got hot if it would "cook off" the coating. I've been seriously considering trying it on an older rig just to see what happens, if anything.

I was wondering if anyone has coated their entire Mobo/Gpu with that Neverwet. I was also wondering if as the caps and such got hot if it would "cook off" the coating. I've been seriously considering trying it on an older rig just to see what happens, if anything.

Go look at some extreme cooling stickies and logs here.
Its all been tried and tweaked... Freezing limbs off... Pulling bits of silicon out your face :rofl:

This is the front line of potentially bad ideas :salute:

I could only imagine the bone pile if C/D had some Canadian cold air in the winter. :D

I don't think anybody has actually used neverwet for extreme cooling yet. Not here, anyway.
It might work wonderfully, definitely worth exploring.

I've no clue what Bobby is talking about.

I don't think anybody has actually used neverwet for extreme cooling yet. Not here, anyway.
I know someone mentioned it, it may have been I.M.O.G. but I'm not sure if he or it was ever tried!

I've no clue what Bobby is talking about.

Jesting around a little.

My point was people seal up boards in extreme cooling so its worth a scan through :)

All these brands are unfamiliar to me... I live in the UK. Never gets above 21'c and rains most the year. We buy graphics cards to stay warm here :rofl:

Back