• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bf2 fear or quake

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've not tested FEAR, but between Q4 and BF2 I would go for BF2 without a doubt.

Another vote for BF2 since I like that style of multiplayer over the Q4 style so it has greater replay value, however, I really enjoyed playing the single player champain in Q4 so get that one too as soon as you have enough cash saved.

Haven't gotten to playing F.E.A.R. yet so I have no comment on it.

If you want a much slower experience get BF2, if you want faster multiplayer get FEAR or Quake. Personally I'd get FEAR without a doubt, FEAR multiplayer is fantastic, and singleplayer is some of the best in years.

I would say BF2 over quake, actually. BF2 has an unlimited set of replay value, as long as you are interested in that type of game. My friend and I would play the BF:V on a lan with bots for....hours on end. It was quite a bit of fun. Why? Because basically anything could happen.

I got sick of BF2 after a few weeks, I'd say FEAR is by far the best investment out of the three. The single player has almost unmatched quality.

512 megs on BF2 almost doesnt work, Ive done it, and its extremely hard to play, your framerates will be crap, when I upgraded to 1.3 gigs then I had a MUCH better palying experiance

I wouldn't say that you can play if forever. Its just DC with some changes, more of the same if you ask me. Besides, with it now being so pitifully easy to rank up you'll have all the weapons you can get and will have little else to do short of buying the expansion. (exactly what EA wants you to do)

I would just wait for ESIV imo, thats gonna be a great game. Ive played BF2 since release and was a Staff Sergeant pre-1.03, i dont see people thought was so great about it. It seemed to me that it was just a typical buggy, incomplete, and poorly-supported EA game.

Polish Fury said:
It seemed to me that it was just a typical buggy, incomplete, and poorly-supported EA game.

oh yessssss. buggy as hell. but still, an amazing game. if you play in a clan, or just on a good server with no nOObs then it is brilliant. the graphics rock, and if you alternate between player types its always different, i think it has great reply value.

I did play with a clan and with friends, and we had a blast playing karkand and in the cobras on Dalian. Howeverthe same strafing runs in a helo over and over again can still get old. But its now way too easy to get shot down and the spawn camping on the urban maps has grown to be ridiculous. Hopefully some of the mods coming out will revive the playability, but until then i would steer clear.

I put another vote in for BF2. If you like online play there isn't a better option out of those, especially if you enjoy competitive gaming with clans.

Back