• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bf2 settings with gt/gtx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AdvanS13

what settings are you using for bf2 to yield the best performance? trying to tweak it, but so far i just max'd it all out :)

everything set to max here on the gtx @1280x1024 @ 75hz

enjoying the card and game!

I have my texture set to medium because I have only one gig of ram
I have shadows on low and everything else is on high.
1280x1024 with no AA. 100% distance
These settings help to reduce the lag and help visibility with my settings.

BF2 is heavily dependent on memory, especially when you start cranking the settings up to high. With 2GB of memory I run 1920x1200 with all settings turned to maximum, but when I had only a gig I would notice pretty severe stuttering (sp?) especially when loading new levels or during intense fighting.

I prefer to avoid choppiness at all costs, so I run all of my stuff at medium and a couple on high (like models) and 100% view.

Man thats crazy, i think those settings are way low for the card you guys, i played all high@ 1080x1024 @ 75 hrtz with full sight range and 2xaa no lag and according to fraps bemchmark it was 50-60 fps consistant.

Sir. BOBSONATOR said:
Man thats crazy, i think those settings are way low for the card you guys, i played all high@ 1080x1024 @ 75 hrtz with full sight range and 2xaa no lag and according to fraps bemchmark it was 50-60 fps consistant.

Concured, although I have an X800XT.

I run everything maxxed with 100% distance, AA @ x4 and also run adaptive AA. I get beween 100 and 80FPS consistantly.

Back