• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG Any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gxp88

Registered
Hi, I'm just wondering if BFG Brand is anygood or Asus? I'm planning to buy one 7900 GT but not sure which brand have more features/reliable/most popular? Input is appreciated.

The place I'm going to buy here is out of stock on that, surprise. Any other brands is recommend? or are they just the same across the brand? Thanks.

I have an Asus 7800gtx, never had a problem with Asus stuff either. evga has the step-up program.

eVGA is about the best from what I've seen.

BFG used to have crappy HSF's IIRC, but maybe that's changed with the new card. XFX has some nice cards at good prices. Some people love them and some hate them. I have one of thier 6600GT's and the stock cooler is not sufficient and one card died, I put a fan over the replacement and it's been fine since.

BFG i've heard good things about, not owned one of their cards. I got a XFX card, 6800GS and it does the job :). Excellent customer service, my card died from malfunction damage and they replaced it instantly.

Have to go with Evga and XFX, my GT died and XFX has been top notch on the service since day one. I have recieved a status report from my support rep everyday so far. They even emailed me when the card didn't get delivered to them on time. My next card will definatley be another XFX. Finding a company that will go to such great lengths in the name of customer service is rare.

To be honest I wouldnt buy a BFG 7900GT. Type BFG, 7900GT and Capacitor into google and youll see what i mean. Its a very common issue.
http://www.google.com/search?client...gt+capacitor&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
I bought mine and the capacitor was broken off, rolling around in the bottom of the box, my replacement wasnt much better and that is going back to be replaced AGAIN. Their customer service is quite good though.

Im not saying that BFG isnt a good brand at all but i wouldnt buy that particular card from them until this issue has been resolved.

All video cards at my house are bfg, rock solid, overclock way better than any one elses..BFG is slightly more expensive but you get back every doller. The techsupport rocks to! There actuall gamers and not cuban import workers...:) XFX has the worst customer service rep of all. evga is 'ok'

I have heard a lot about the BFG capacitor thing as well. I would/did choose eVGA because they seem to be a good company and besides they have a lifetime warranty even if you swap the cooler on your card. Not to mention they have a 90 day step-up program.

flamerail said:
XFX has the worst customer service rep of all.
I beg to differ as I stated earlier the service has been top notch. I have RMA'd many parts and the customer service from most companies is adequit at best. My BFG 6800GT was a horrible overclocker, I could barely get it upto Ultra speeds even with added voltage and a custom heatsink.

Alchemy1 said:
I have heard a lot about the BFG capacitor thing as well. I would/did choose eVGA because they seem to be a good company and besides they have a lifetime warranty even if you swap the cooler on your card. Not to mention they have a 90 day step-up program.

Find out what Evga considers lifetime. I know BFG you can return in 50 years. But, other retailers only allow returns during the retail life of the card.

Someone has and always will have problem with a company. I have personally always had good service from BFG, eVga, and ASUS. I have heard good things about xfx and bad things. But then again I have heard bad things about all companies, so no matter what you are taking a little chance. But anyway, from my personal experience I would recommend BFG.

after 6 months of owning a BFG 6600 GT 128mb, it went dead, so i opened up my case to see what the problem was and there is this little silver cylindrical thing off my graphics card sitting in the bottom of my case!!. I got in touch with BFG to try and get a replacement and they told me "sorry that kind of claim is not valid against my so called warranty" bunch of bozos! Gainward, MSI or eVGA all the way!

Evga has excellent c/s. They tell you how to oc your card without voiding the warranty. I play bf2 with some of the forum admins 2 :D

Back