• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS keeps resetting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SOLVED

Okay, I think I have solved it.

Reset all BIOS settings. Left the overclock on auto in the BIOS this time, disabled the usual, Turbo, SpeedStep, C1E. The difference looks to be from running with overclock on auto instead of manual. I use the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and now everything sticks. Except from Memory Voltage for some odd reason, which keeps resetting to 1.2 instead of 1.5 v. But that's no problem, since the utility allows me to change voltage from the OS directly.

Key solution here, leave overclocking on AUTO in BIOS. Otherwise it looks like it will mess with your settings for some reason. Anyone else experience this problem? Try setting it on manual and see if your settings reset after shutdown. I'm curious to see if it happens to other people. Spread the word. AUTO, not MANUAL.

Back