• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED BIOS Update Mishaps. . . and its not what you think....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuzzz

Premium Member
So today I was informed of a BIOS Update for my motherboard that featured 'Windows 11 compatibility'. Having done many BIOS updates no worries done. Then there was the video glitch. My ROG 43" 4k monitor appeared to have died. I turned everything off and rebooted still no video. The monitor was showing it had a signal but nothing on the screen. Thought maybe it was a bad BIOS so I hooked up an old 1080p and what do ya know I have video. At this stage I was sure my beast of a screen was dead. As a last resort I reflashed to the old BIOS and still no go. I'm at a loss and thinking its time to RMA. I tried other cables, other inputs you name it. I was resolved to give up. As I was getting ready to disconnect it all I decided to uplug the ROG's power brick and let it set a minute. Yeah, you guessed it. Seems the rebooting at the BIOS flash caused the monitor to have a bird. I feel like a dope. I'm posting this as a small lesson to all. Sometimes just unplug it and it works !!!! lol Happy New Year to All

Z

Last edited:
Helpdesk: Did you reboot? :p

I'm glad it was as simple as that. Thank you for the reminder to check the basics.

I told this story because of all things I did do in the 3 hours I was trying to fix this, I did not actually unplug the monitor. So yes folks, ALWAYS check the basics. :)

Z

Back