• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios vs hwmoniter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amluthe

Registered
I currently have 2 builds that i have been experimenting with a few newer cooling methods on(one of which is that is actually an intel, sorry in advance) the amd specific one is a AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor with a ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard that i just wanted to make sure im not cooking my processor, when i check bios my average temp reading was about 6.4c and when i check cpuid's hwmoniter i get about 45c, which is quite the difference and i am just wondering which one would be more valid than the other!

Thanks

To clarify, 6.4c versus 45c? Unless your room temperature is extremely cold, 45c.

6.4c = 43f
45c = 109.4f

To clarify, 6.4c versus 45c? Unless your room temperature is extremely cold, 45c.

6.4c = 43f
45c = 109.4f

v been using a (tec) to cool all of my new builds, my record with those is around -10c

Back