• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rooster098

Registered
i noticed earlier when i was tinkereing that my BIOS version is quite old. im pretty sure there are new versions out, but i wanted to know whether its worth updating it just for the sake of updating. im not experiencing any real problems i dont think, but just wanted to know whether u thought it would be wise to do it. also, what sort of risk am i taking when i do this, i have never done it before? cheers

You shouldn't update the bios unless you have immediate or impending motivation to. A bios update can introduce problems when priorly there were none.

So if you are running fine now, I would recommend you do not update. If you want to look at the updated bios and see what features or attributes have been updated it might be documented in a readme file or a similar document - then you can see if there is anything you are missing or anything that has been improved that would affect you.

If you're stable, don't mess with it ;)

Chances are if you haven't updated in a while, you're happy with your performance and are running hassle free, why mess that up?

Back