• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bioshock Demo NOW! XBLM!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Fr3@k3r said:
damnit only 75% done right now LOL

I started long after you posted this and I finshed it and a couple other demo's so there network aint that slow :)

Stuff like this just makes me hate Xbox even more, damn Microsoft is slipping money to every developer under the sun to pull this kind of ****.

NsOmNiA91130 said:
Whoa whoa whoa, now, the PC will be getting a demo too, don't get your panties in a bunch.

In other news, the demo is made of awesome, win, and awesomely awesome win.
Yeah, PC is getting a demo after the game release, what good is that? I maintain my stance, Microsoft throws money around and screws the PC market every chance they get.

Springbok said:
Yeah, PC is getting a demo after the game release, what good is that? I maintain my stance, Microsoft throws money around and screws the PC market every chance they get.

PC gamers are always whining about how Bill Gates is screwing them.

Its pretty simple. Half of you torrent stuff instead of paying for it and the other half buy 1 $50 game every 2 years and play the crap out of it so there is A LOT more money to be made via console gaming and devs flock to where the cash is.

Its not a difficult choice. Should I use the man hours to get a demo out for a market that I will make twice as much money as any other or should I use the same resources for a market where i will make less. You have no one to blame but your fellow gamers and their frugal, sometimes theiving ways.

ps the game is amzing. The atmosphere, the gfx and the controls are very good.

So yeah I tried the demo early this morning and all I can say is OMFG it's going to rock.

OC Noob said:
PC gamers are always whining about how Bill Gates is screwing them.

Its pretty simple. Half of you torrent stuff instead of paying for it and the other half buy 1 $50 game every 2 years and play the crap out of it so there is A LOT more money to be made via console gaming and devs flock to where the cash is.

Its not a difficult choice. Should I use the man hours to get a demo out for a market that I will make twice as much money as any other or should I use the same resources for a market where i will make less. You have no one to blame but your fellow gamers and their frugal, sometimes theiving ways.

ps the game is amzing. The atmosphere, the gfx and the controls are very good.

The PC Gaming market is not nearly as bad as it is made out to be, it still does exist and volume can get moved some what easy. Your right though it was released on 360 demo wise first because the priority is highest for it, console market will always bring in more money because anyone can just stick a DVD in and play for cheaper. Also 360 piracy is still pretty big but it's just enough difficultly to push away most people buying the console for ease of use in the first place.

twEEkerAreUs said:
So yeah I tried the demo early this morning and all I can say is OMFG it's going to rock.

The PC Gaming market is not nearly as bad as it is made out to be, it still does exist and volume can get moved some what easy. Your right though it was released on 360 demo wise first because the priority is highest for it, console market will always bring in more money because anyone can just stick a DVD in and play for cheaper. Also 360 piracy is still pretty big but it's just enough difficultly to push away most people buying the console for ease of use in the first place.

Yeah, major titles like Bioshock will still do very well and priacy isn't as bad as I made it out to be, although it is extremely easy to do. Either way, it comes down to where the money is at.

maybe if i get my 360 working again (go 3RLOD!!), i'll d/l this.

the game is available in 1080p???

Springbok said:

Hahahahahahaha! Well at least you're not one of those guys with an AMD 3200 and "Core2Killah" in their avatar... :rolleyes:

(...just ribbing! Goooood natured ribbing...)

well, i dl'd it last night, and just played for about 20 minutes. i will totally admit that the graphics are amazing, and the control is tight, but i have one major problem that will stop me from buying this game. and its the same reason i didnt like condemed. i really like bond style controls (LS = move forward/back/turn left/right RS = Look up/down straif left/right) i know that is the less popular control setup, but im much more comfortable that way. anyways, games like halo give me the choice of choosing my on setup, this and condemed but stick me with these "turok" controls and say "deal with it. that setup is great on pc and i can play battlefield all day, but put a controler in my hand and im useless without my bond controls.

anyways, i will say that is seems like a great game awsome mood, settings, and graphics and controls (for what they are) and i think anyone with a 360 should at least check out the demo. but i think ill sit this one out.

Back