• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bioshock Demo NOW! XBLM!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NOThelagak said:
well, i dl'd it last night, and just played for about 20 minutes. i will totally admit that the graphics are amazing, and the control is tight, but i have one major problem that will stop me from buying this game. and its the same reason i didnt like condemed. i really like bond style controls (LS = move forward/back/turn left/right RS = Look up/down straif left/right) i know that is the less popular control setup, but im much more comfortable that way. anyways, games like halo give me the choice of choosing my on setup, this and condemed but stick me with these "turok" controls and say "deal with it. that setup is great on pc and i can play battlefield all day, but put a controler in my hand and im useless without my bond controls.

anyways, i will say that is seems like a great game awsome mood, settings, and graphics and controls (for what they are) and i think anyone with a 360 should at least check out the demo. but i think ill sit this one out.
is the game similar to the GoW controls? b/c that's my fav type on the analog stix.

NOThelagak said:
well, i dl'd it last night, and just played for about 20 minutes. i will totally admit that the graphics are amazing, and the control is tight, but i have one major problem that will stop me from buying this game. and its the same reason i didnt like condemed. i really like bond style controls (LS = move forward/back/turn left/right RS = Look up/down straif left/right) i know that is the less popular control setup, but im much more comfortable that way. anyways, games like halo give me the choice of choosing my on setup, this and condemed but stick me with these "turok" controls and say "deal with it. that setup is great on pc and i can play battlefield all day, but put a controler in my hand and im useless without my bond controls.

anyways, i will say that is seems like a great game awsome mood, settings, and graphics and controls (for what they are) and i think anyone with a 360 should at least check out the demo. but i think ill sit this one out.

Haven't you ever tried customizing the controls? Ever visited an "Options" screen before... :)

g0dM@n said:
is the game similar to the GoW controls? b/c that's my fav type on the analog stix.

It sounds like it controls identical to GoW. On a positive note, My 360 reached the repair facility yesterday. Only 4 to 6 weeks till I get it back!!

Burninate said:
It sounds like it controls identical to GoW. On a positive note, My 360 reached the repair facility yesterday. Only 4 to 6 weeks till I get it back!!
ur KIDDING... you were getting the 3RLOD too?

and, was your sticker still in tact? i'm curious... someone told me i still may be able to send back even tho sticker was removed.

g0dM@n said:
ur KIDDING... you were getting the 3RLOD too?

and, was your sticker still in tact? i'm curious... someone told me i still may be able to send back even tho sticker was removed.

I had a launch system and never opened it up, so yes, the sticker was still in tact. I think if you could actually piece your 360 back together to look like a 360 again, you should try sending it in for repair. After reading your thread on attempting to fix your 360, I'm not sure you have much to lose at this point.

rainless said:
Haven't you ever tried customizing the controls? Ever visited an "Options" screen before... :)

acually i tried. this game doesnt give you the option of changing controls like halo or gears does. MAYBE the final build wil offer the option, but the demo does not. the same way condemed didnt. oh well, like i said, most ppl like the turok style better, so for 85% of you out there, get it. you will love it.but for the hand full of you that are like me, its just too much to overcome. sorry. objectivly i would give this game top marks. i dunno, 96%, but from my point of view the controls ruin it for me, so i give it a 79%. not enough to make it "bad" but i think any fps should give the player the option to play the game they want to.

NOThelagak said:
acually i tried. this game doesnt give you the option of changing controls like halo or gears does. MAYBE the final build wil offer the option, but the demo does not. the same way condemed didnt. oh well, like i said, most ppl like the turok style better, so for 85% of you out there, get it. you will love it.but for the hand full of you that are like me, its just too much to overcome. sorry. objectivly i would give this game top marks. i dunno, 96%, but from my point of view the controls ruin it for me, so i give it a 79%. not enough to make it "bad" but i think any fps should give the player the option to play the game they want to.

I was going to say maybe its just because its a demo. Guess we'll find out when it hits retail.

Been waiting for bioshock for ages, found out about the demo last night, and downloaded it.. 1 hour dl time lol. My impressions are on the whole very impressed.. The first scene on the plane I was very unimpressed, but as soon as I was dumped into the water and seeing the water quality and the flames bieng reflected upon it I was pulled in. The next big graphical push was in the aqua tube when the plane crashes through and you have cascading water all around, and about 5 meters down the pipe you can see the water gathering and circling back into the tube was a nice high spot. The atmosphere was very immersive and pulled me right in just like it did in system shock 2. Controls were tight and the combat I've experienced so far feels solid enough to warrant a purchase. Atmosphere was good like every other system shock game has been. On the whole I'm impressed with the demo and the game in general, I mean I finally have something to pull me away from forza 2 lol.

tenchi86 said:
Honestly, I did not expect much from this game besides pretty graphics and after playing the demo my expectations are exactly the same.

Yeah, all games on the new Unreal engine look pretty.....Now they honestly just need a GOOD game using it. /cough UT2007 Ships 11/12/07

The ironic part is the 360 version is already being pirated left/right, while the PC version hasn't yet and goes to great lengths over security.

Maybe soon we will be hearing the opposite from devs what we hear now about PC (Main PC release isn't worth while because of piracy)

Lmao

tenchi86 said:
Honestly, I did not expect much from this game besides pretty graphics and after playing the demo my expectations are exactly the same.

Is this the Sony fanboy in you or are you serious?

Honestly Bioshock makes Resistance look like a flaming pile of dung, so is it safe to assume you aren't impressed with resistance?

tenchi86 said:

That's only because you have no idea what you're talking about. :)

Ever heard of System Shock 1 & 2? What about Freedom Force?

The reason this game is such a big deal isn't about the graphics, it's about the developer who made it. They reinvi...

Oh forget it. If you don't know, then don't worry about it.

OC Noob said:
Is this the Sony fanboy in you or are you serious?

Honestly Bioshock makes Resistance look like a flaming pile of dung, so is it safe to assume you aren't impressed with resistance?

Very serious.

The gameplay simply does not appeal to me, atleast not the little I have seen/played of it so far. As for Resistance, I love the game actually.

Rainless:
I know it is not a popular games simply from its graphics and I know the history, the gameplay just does not appeal to me. Much in the same way I don't care for Gears of War. It is a great game I am sure for people who like the duck and cover type of game-play, but I personally go more for the UT styled shooters.

Last edited:
tenchi86 said:
Very serious.

The gameplay simply does not appeal to me, atleast not the little I have seen/played of it so far. As for Resistance, I love the game actually.

Rainless:
I know it is not a popular games simply from its graphics and I know the history, the gameplay just does not appeal to me. Much in the same way I don't care for Gears of War. It is a great game I am sure for people who like the duck and cover type of game-play, but I personally go more for the UT styled shooters.

Wow.

Thanks for the honest answer.

the main thing about bioshock im in for is the open end sytle of play. being able to choose to help the littesister or not. this type of open ended play is gonna be good for the replay value.

same here... nice graphics but the gameplay... same old same old shoot magic (sorry DNA) shoot... yes there are many ways to kill a beast but I think HL2 ep2 will be more for me with portal frying my brain.

impressive graphics... my PC would never handle that at 1080p

LOL.. i got my old rig in my signature... wait changing to Intel setup now!

Back