• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar Over Temp Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gamerdad76

Registered
Help!!! I have run into an issue...I just recently updated my Biostar 790GXA2+ motherboard with the latest bios and now my temps under the Hardware monitor say its hitting 90c. Other Temp programs Everest and a couple other are showing normal temps. I have reinstalled my backup bios.That didnt fix it. I reinstalled the new bios that didnt work either. I installed Windows Vista and 7 Rc on a coupel of spare drives thinking it was a registry issue that didnt help either. Did the sensor on my mobo go bad or is it getting ready to crap out on me? Is there anything else i could do or just not worry about it. Its anoying to have to load up other programs to check temps fan speed ect.
Thanks for any help.

Is the board still stable? If the other software gives you normal temps I wouldn't worry about it. We all need a little mystery in life.

This is the second time I've heard of a Biostar BIOS update messing with the CPU temps. At this point I'm tempted to say, "That's normal." :-/ Is CoreTemp also showing the radical temps? The other one I heard of did, that's why I remember it. IIRC HWMonitor and CoreTemp use the same method of grabbing temps.

BTW - Is the "76" your HS grad year ...?

Yea every other software says its running cool and clean. Its stable and running normal temps. I have tried everytest to make sure. Just curious becuase if some programs use the same means to read temps...why does HWM read way off wack? And no its the year I was born Graduated in '95 :)

Back