• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar TA690G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D4NTE

Registered
What is the most powerfull and stable cpu can my motherboard run with latest bios ?

I would look on my motherboard for the PCB Ver. X.x and see if yours is what seems the last at Ver 5.x.

Officially Biostar says the fastest processor they support on the PCB Ver 5.x of that motherboard is the one shown here:
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 5600+ ADA5600IAA6CZ 2800Mhz 2000Mhz 89W

If anyone should know what is the latest and fastest cpu that older 690G/600 board will support; it would be the board makers themselves. A politely worded question asking what is the fastest cpu I can use on my TA690G AM2 Ver. 5.x motherboard and which bios should I use kind sirs, will likely get you the answer you seek.

Biostar Email tech support.
Fields Marked With An Asterisk * Are Required.

Please fill in English

Otherwise what answer you get will likely be hearsay. There were other brands of 690G mobos that had bios updates that supported later processors, but your TA690G AM2 Ver. 5.x motherboard does not list such later bioses for download.

For what it's worth I believe their CPU support list is incomplete. For example I have an X2 3600+ Brisbane running in a TA690G and it isn't listed there. In any case RGone's advice is sound, send them an email and they'll probably get back to you.

What CPU do you have now? If you already have a dual-core then it probably isn't worth upgrading the CPU in this motherboard unless you can get a used one for a really good price.

Back