• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOSTAR TA880GU3+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Absolutely correct, I failed to realize that the memory clock was still set at 800 Mhz when I was editing the timings. fatigue played a big role that day and trust me I banged my head after noticing when I was suggested to try for 1600.

Currently working with G.Skill on the correct timings right now, feel free to give me suggestions if you want, I would gladly appreciate it. I got it cranking at 1066 and i'm currently surprised that these pair do not like 1333 at 9-9-9 with my current FSB of 280. I upped the CPU_NB up to .150 and the memory voltage at 1.65 and nothing yet. i'm trying to be careful for where else I up the voltage till anyone gives me some sort of a suggestion.

Here is a new screen on where its at. @ 1066mhz I definitely feel the applications running more quicker and smoothly without jerks, but the timings are crazy. they didn't like 8-8-8 as well so 9's were at its stable point.

1066_memory.jpg.png

UPDATE

Alright well I finally gotten to 1333, these sticks don't like tight timings as you can see here in this new shot. going for 1600 G.skill website is down so i'll be tweaking it myself for a while.

memory_at_1300.jpg.png

UPDATE PART 2

And for the final result
933.3x2 = 1866Mhz for stability reason, I took it off from T1 and change it to T2.

I'm absolutely surprised on the results. credit to chaser on starting me off the correct direction, finding my errors an just over all helping me out.
Biostar and G.skill would be surprised to see the memory running stable on 1866 when few mentioned it wouldn't be possible so I will be posting the
results on their site to show off their awesome products.

Final thoughts: Not bad for a for a budget build at all.
Thanks for all the support.

Last edited:
That's very impressive, 1866mhz for the memory speed. Yeah, probably close to a record for that board... the most I was able to reach stable with my DDR3 1600 was 1784mhz, so good work & glad to help.

If you are planning to keep this rig around for a while I would highly recommend a Sata-III SSD drive. The motherboard supports full sata-III speeds and really eliminates the mechanical hard drive bottleneck, allowing you to take full advantage of your OC. You can get a 60 or 80gb drive for your OS and just use the existing drive for data/programs, etc.

If you are planning to keep this rig around for a while I would highly recommend a Sata-III SSD drive. The motherboard supports full sata-III speeds and really eliminates the mechanical hard drive bottleneck, allowing you to take full advantage of your OC. You can get a 60 or 80gb drive for your OS and just use the existing drive for data/programs, etc.

I had one of those about a year ago when I started to build this rig and it died with-in the first week. Guess I wasn't lucky. I stood with a 1tb HDD and told myself to wait for a while till they get the realibility problem out of the way. Seems it has improved over time an G.Skill's SSD's were reviewed to be reliable so I might get two of those when my income tax comes in a few days along with a quad sticks to upgrade my current ones.

Hopefully I'll find my exact model of memory since it has been hard to find resently, g.skill doesn't even have them anymore.

I'm also considering the AMD line of that sabertooth board With that 990 chipset. Buying a 660(or 670) to SLI my first generation 460.

Oh yeah forgot to ask my question concerning about gaming applications. I'm going to get a 240 gig SSD to install particular games I always play an leave the casual ones in the 1tb. Those that are in the SSD have noticeable performance gains ? More importantly MMORPG'S?

And how about the ones in the tb drive, I assume they go by the speed of the drive they're in?

Back