• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bioware's New game: Mass Effect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

z0n3

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Follow the link to view the trailer.

Good news for Xbox fans, this is coming out for the 360. I had heard rumors about bioware making Jade Empire's sequal on the PS3 ,so at least we still get some Bioware love!

Looks like it is another RPG. It is set in the year 2204. Mankind now lives amogst aliens from all around the galaxy(as equals?). The game will be a triology. I am looking for more details now.

Bioware + RPG's = Match made in heaven :D

That one looks to be a huge hit, Bioware doing a unique space opera storyline? w00t! Count me in! Just sure hope that it comes out on the PC

Gamespot is claiming it will be out in early 2007 or late 06. It should come out for the PC but it may release at a later date(KOTOR,KOTOR2,Fable did this too).

I don't know if it will come out for PC, only because 1.) I think Microsoft is publishing it, and this is probably going to be a killer app for them. After the catastrophe that was Halo PC, MS seemed to start holding back on the porting of xbox games to pc.
2.) It's supposedly going to have unheard of integration with Xbox Live. I don't know how this would translate onto PCs properly. If it was simple online connectivity, obviously it wouldn't be an issue, but it seems like they are trying to blend XBL and this game together.

Anyway, the HD trailer looked awsome. The graphics are amazing. I thought this was a totally new engine cause the graphics were so realisitc, but then I read that it is using Unreal Engine 3. Wow, didn't know it was capable of that level of detail :D

Agreed Darik. This new game sparked my interest back into KOTOR. Time to start an evil character and kick the crap out of Malak again!

Bioware rules.

If any of you have not played Jade Empire I suggest you go out and get it. Its much better than KotOR in some areas (combat), yet not as good in others, but overall, I think its a better game, which is saying a lot. It just didn't get the hype and the story wasn't as good, which really made KotOR one of the best RPGs of all time.

Halo PC may have been a catastrophe, but it was also published YEARS after the origanal game was released.

I thought KOTOR was rather successful for PC

I wish they published Jade Empire for PC and I HOPE they publish mass effect for PC

Hooray for space opera! I am honestly considering picking up a 360 within the next year or so instead of upgrading my computer.

Back