• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin values are falling, will GPU prices follow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The original buy in was well below this $7000 value it is sitting around now. I mean this started what, 6-8 months or so ago? What price was it then? Granted there are other factors involved, but, I would not bet on it either... now.

I also think it has nothing to do with trust, but more to do with profit. Prices will drop when it doesn't become profitable.

The original buy in was well below this $7000 value it is sitting around now. I mean this started what, 6-8 months or so ago? What price was it then? Granted there are other factors involved, but, I would not bet on it either... now.

I also think it has nothing to do with trust, but more to do with profit. Prices will drop when it doesn't become profitable.

the BTC is a digital currencie with nothing backing it up but what seems to me as trust in the BTC becoming worth more over time, whats also important to note is that the BTC (and other coins) became worth more, the more media coverage it recieved for being easy money (greed and trust). Then again this whole BTC thing to me is nothing more then a pyramid game and should recieve oversight for it to mature. when this happens the BTC will drop overnight though. To me it seems the BTC trading is nothing more then a feeble attempt to escape taxes.

Perhaps for the long term. For the short term though, I disagree. Its not about trust in the value of the coin. It's about making a buck for the vast majority. :)

"Short term" is highly relative. Bitcoin has been around roughly 8 years. Generally speaking Ponzi and pyramid schemes rarely last that long. In the scheme (sorry) of things Bitcoin has been around for quite a long time. I do agree however, the vast majority are simply looking to make a quick buck, myself included.

IMO its all over the board... it will dip again like it is, and probably sky rocket again for no apparent reason and break another record.
Its all about the $$$$$

I really regret cashing out the last of my BTC holdings @~$400 a couple years ago...

got a friend on it at the start of the year. it was @ $1200 or so. crazy what its become.

Back