• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why my Protoshares wallet and my Primecoin wallet are both saying "No block source available" and they won't sync?

I just downloaded both and opened them for the first time today.

You need to add some nodes to the .conf files (go to %appdata%/roaming/primecoin or protoshares).
Create a new text document, rename it to primecoin.conf or protoshares.conf and edit it with notepad. Add the following line to primecoin, then read the link posted below.

addnode=primeseed.muuttuja.org

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=355.0

Speaking of,

I've been mining XPM for weeks now, and with the massive drop in chains/d for everyone, the rate at which I'm mining has really slowed to a crawl. I was getting about 2XPM/day, but now it seems I'm down around 1XPM/day.

Is it even still profitable? Are there perhaps any GPU miners for XPM yet? I know there was an attempt made, which looked promising at first, but from what I recall, it was never released publicly and didn't perform any faster than a CPU.

You need to add some nodes to the .conf files (go to %appdata%/roaming/primecoin or protoshares).
Create a new text document, rename it to primecoin.conf or protoshares.conf and edit it with notepad. Add the following line to primecoin, then read the link posted below.

I did not need to do this. I downloaded the file and ran it as-is with no tweaking at all. I thought you only needed to add nodes to solo mine.

1. What MH/s do you have to get 50k in 24hrs? Was that yesterday to today?
2. What pool were you on? Or was it solo mined?
3. Where did you sell 50k for .2 BTC? Private sale?

1 - Yesterday. Roughly 4.5MH/s. It took me around 24hours. Diff was oscillating between 12 and 32 (up and down, weird..).
2 - http://eac.poolerino.com
3 - Private (forum): rate 10k for 0.04BTC.

Well, you actually exchange 10000 EAC for 0.03 to 0.05BTC...

Edit: I mined 50k in 24 hours=>0.2BTC=>6LTC: 4 times what I would do mining straight LTC

EDIT: Nevermind, Just caught up to the last post where my question was answered. :facepalm:

I know right?

Okay, where can I get a Pcie 1x to Pcie 16x adapter???

Canada Computers only has Pci 8x to 16x and I only have 1x........
fleabay?

Hopefully the Canada Computers store will have them. (hopefully the online store is wrong and they carry them)

Ivan,

I couldn't find the %appdata you are talking about? Is there a .bat or .conf file aleady in existance that I need to modify or do I just create one from scratch once I find that location? I read the link. Sorry, I'm a little lost.

Ivan,

I couldn't find the %appdata you are talking about? Is there a .bat or .conf file aleady in existance that I need to modify or do I just create one from scratch once I find that location? I read the link. Sorry, I'm a little lost.

usually gotta create a new one

hit the start menu (windows 7)
in the search box at the bottom, type %appdata% and hit enter
thats your appdata folder.

usually gotta create a new one

hit the start menu (windows 7)
in the search box at the bottom, type %appdata% and hit enter
thats your appdata folder.

And we are syncing! Thanks for the clarification, I will get the primecoin wallet up to spec first, then I will give the protoshares a go. Do I use the same line in the .conf file for proto, or do I need a different link there?

Thanks!

I am switching back to litecoin. I am tired of the added instability of the coin-switching pools, lower hashrates, rejects, being unable to easily monitor remotely, the pool issues, the hassles of changing things and managing this stuff. I just put it back where I set and forget.

i have had a really good time at middlecoin and i don't have any higher rejects there than with ltc.

what troubles are you having with middlecoin?

mostly the site irritates me. I never could find my key and check the status of payouts etc. I haven't gotten a payout from there yet and could never find my btc address on the front page to find out where I was at.

mostly the site irritates me. I never could find my key and check the status of payouts etc. I haven't gotten a payout from there yet and could never find my btc address on the front page to find out where I was at.

ctrl + f and type 4 or 5 of the first characters of your address...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back