• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EBay has for 6 or 7 dollars last time I looked. Better than tearing up your board.

what he said !! dont ruin board over $7 and lack of patience :p

EAC guys, which pools are you using ?

I aggree, but it is physically impossible for me to fit both cards in my case :(

I just tried to fit my N550 Cyclone II into the bottom slot, and the SATA wires are in the way as well as the North Bridge heat sink :(

I just may have to build a wooden case! (Awwww yeah! :) I love building stuff :p )

So if the card arrives before I build my case, I'll just run the Radeon.

Is XPM still the go-to CPU coin? I have some CPU power that I've been running XPM on.

But with the slowdown of XPM, I'm thinking it might be wasted effort anymore. I'm only making about 1XPM per day. And it's exchange rate sucks. Is there something better for CPU only?

hardly, if u got a slow 32bit machine, then ya, but since u got a bunch of 4 cores there and i am hoping 64bit soft ? its PTS for the dual cores and now MMC for the quads

hardly, if u got a slow 32bit machine, then ya, but since u got a bunch of 4 cores there and i am hoping 64bit soft ? its PTS for the dual cores and now MMC for the quads

I didn't even know about MMC, just PTS and XPM. Maybe I'll put a quad on each of them and see what happens over the course of a week; unless you think MMC is definitely king.

I didn't even know about MMC, just PTS and XPM. Maybe I'll put a quad on each of them and see what happens over the course of a week; unless you think MMC is definitely king.

mmc is actually mmc2, it is a new version of the memorycoin, its a bit touchy, just 2 pools and both arent mature yet, but the revenue is great when it does work, so far i cant report fully, by tomorrow i can

btw thx go to ivan for this one ! he posted it a few days earlier

Is XPM still the go-to CPU coin? I have some CPU power that I've been running XPM on.

But with the slowdown of XPM, I'm thinking it might be wasted effort anymore. I'm only making about 1XPM per day. And it's exchange rate sucks. Is there something better for CPU only?

mmc is actually mmc2, it is a new version of the memorycoin, its a bit touchy, just 2 pools and both arent mature yet, but the revenue is great when it does work, so far i cant report fully, by tomorrow i can

Let us know!

I have 2.258 XPM at beeeeer, so once I hit the 3.01 XPM payout, I'll consider switching cpu coins.

Btw: XPM is 0.003579 BTC at bter, if it hits 0.0036 and more, it would be profit if I sell the XPM I bought :thup:

EDIT: It appears that mmc is sha256 with huge amounts of AES! Most Intels have AES New Instructions, expect a larger hashrate I'd say! :thup:

Currently pts, but mmc is interesting as well...

You can check out my thread at ocn: http://www.overclock.net/t/1398219/...urrencies-club-and-general-information-thread

It has a cpu section, which links to my statistics thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1448495/...za-primecoin-and-protoshare-mining-statistics

No mmc there, I've been slowed down by my dead cpu pump :(

Got any solid numbers? and pool links?

Currently pts, but mmc is interesting as well...

You can check out my thread at ocn: http://www.overclock.net/t/1398219/...urrencies-club-and-general-information-thread

It has a cpu section, which links to my statistics thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1448495/...za-primecoin-and-protoshare-mining-statistics

No mmc there, I've been slowed down by my dead cpu pump :(

Got any solid numbers? and pool links?

sorta, http://mmc.xpool.xram.co
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Balance: 7.236221

Unconfirmed: 9.260009
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
thats 24hrs running two 8 core vpses

but lets see what actual payment is... like i said pools are seriously immature and run by what appears to be kids :D
this one seems ok, the other one has more bad feedback from users

so tomorrow if i report back with confirmed 15-20coins in my wallet (0.01-0.015btc) then this is def worth it

note: dont get discouraged, vpses suck, 8 core vps = 4 core 2500 @ stock :)) an i7 kills an 8 core vps, so if u got quad or better ur good on this stuff

Last edited:
While we are on the subject of CPU mining, I currently have some 3570Ks and a 4670K that I can put towards beeeer mining. In the batch file, I put in the following line of code:

-genproclimit=3

If I understand this correctly, that means 3 of my 4 threads will CPU mine, and the 4th one will still be free for the cgminer stuff. Is there anything else I need to set or configure in order to make this all run smoothly? I've heard of some people using task manager to allocate which cores to do certain mining tasks...

While we are on the subject of CPU mining, I currently have some 3570Ks and a 4670K that I can put towards beeeer mining. In the batch file, I put in the following line of code:

-genproclimit=3

If I understand this correctly, that means 3 of my 4 threads will CPU mine, and the 4th one will still be free for the cgminer stuff. Is there anything else I need to set or configure in order to make this all run smoothly? I've heard of some people using task manager to allocate which cores to do certain mining tasks...

genproc will indeed limit the miners use to 3 cores, you dont really have to manually set which cores do what, windows is quite capable these days :)
but you coud, go to task mgr and select cpu affinity per each task, you can select individual cores

When running the PTS miner, I see there are three options ( intel avx, intel sse4, intel). Which one is the right one to use? Also, with 8GB of ram, should I allowcate 1024MB to each, or stick with the 512MB default?

I guess the easiest explation would be to see someone's .bat file line of code, if they are willing to share.

Last edited:
When running the PTS miner, I see there are three options ( intel avx, intel sse4, intel). Which one is the right one to use? Also, with 8GB of ram, should I allowcate 1024MB to each, or stick with the 512MB default?

I guess the easiest explation would be to see someone's .bat file line of code, if they are willing to share.

I'd vouch for ypool.net for pts, they find way more blocks than ptsweb.beeeeer (unless you have a really beefy cpu farm, I would stick to ypool). Beeeeer is by far the best xpm pool though...

Use 512mb per thread, leave a free cpu thread for cgminer and oc both cpu and ram. jhprotominer i7 avx 64 is the best.

Well I pulled the trigger, ordered a XFX 290X from bitcoin store, will see what happens

Nice!

I'd reccomend you try this guys: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=372136.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back