• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

black stuff down my screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

p|astic

i just got this free 23 inch viewable crt round view sonic. the reason it was free is cause at any other resolution than 1600 1200, there is this weird black line down the right side. the guy that gave it to me said he had it repaired and it broke again and the warranty just ran out so he was pitching it anyway. check it out. any one seen this before? at smaller resolutions it gets worse.

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/4148/10018897ap.jpg
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8171/10018903bs.jpg

try running a really high resolution...might make it a tad better....
I'd say it's shot though :/....could talk with the dude and have them call viewsonic and say, hey you guys were supposed to fix this, I know it's out of warranty now, but you should have fixed it when it WAS in warranty...or you could call viewsonic yourself and do the same

it runs perfect on 1600 1200, it even gets 80hz. but i hate moving my mouse across the pad 3 times to go from corner to corner lol.

p|astic said:
it runs perfect on 1600 1200, it even gets 80hz. but i hate moving my mouse across the pad 3 times to go from corner to corner lol.
then increase the mouse sensitivity/acceleration
i run at 1600x1200 75hz all the time

well my primary monitor is 1152 864... i can't stand below 100hz.

i think i'll just bash it.

1. Is the monitor physcally able to do 1600by1200?
2. If so, to get rid of the panning...Go into your advanced display properties, or if you have ati tray tools, and uncheck "use DDC information".
3. It should stop using panning mode and it won't think like "OMFG you can't do that".

im sorry, panning?

and yes both can do 1600 1200 (to which you were refering is a mystery)

i believe by panning he means when a screen cant physically fit 1600x1200 and so excess desktop is not shown, you have to move your mouse to the edge of the beizel and the screen will scroll over to show the edge of the desktop

intaaaresting. never heard of that before.

well i just stuck a dark background on it so i can't see the flashing anymore. i just can't bring myself to bash such a big beige beauty.

wow. when i slowly reduce the res (every 5 munites or so) and crank up the refresh rate (past what it's rated for) the black goes away. i got it down to 1152 864 100hz. shes a keeper.

Back