• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blackhole benchmark competition with $900 in prizes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Where can we see the benchmarks already submitted to beat ? I don't want to submit and be a point shy lol.

Edit, found this but is it the same as the competition scores ? http://blackholetec.com/main/content/intel-12threads-top-50

No, on the original competition page you'll find rankings when you scroll down. These are divided in 4 categories related to thread count, as a consequence, there are also 4 buttons to click on:
http://blackholetec.com/main/article/competition-black-hole-mayhem

My 5.2GHz scores are better than 5.3GHz , the same settings etc, just 1 ratio higher. Also large system cache = ~30% lower 4 thread result but not other tests.

Edit:
Switched systems and now 5.3GHz is better ;)

Last edited:
This x5650 is getting rather degraded but I was able to run the 4 thread test at 5100 the multi at 4950 and the single thread at 5200. Pretty decent score but I could get knocked off by a newer Intel hex rather easy judging by looking at the 3700k scores.

This x5650 is getting rather degraded but I was able to run the 4 thread test at 5100 the multi at 4950 and the single thread at 5200. Pretty decent score but I could get knocked off by a newer Intel hex rather easy judging by looking at the 3700k scores.

What's your result?

picture.php

Never know you may be the only entry?

My 4 thread entry is in that chart now.

Soo uuhhh, no one submit a 4 thread bench ok? So I can hold 3rd place :D

Want another APU to beat your i5? :p
sqvy.jpg

Damnit, just not enough to beat that kaveri lol. This was just a test run, running it with higher memory clocks now

Want another APU to beat your i5? :p
sqvy.jpg

Damnit, just not enough to beat that kaveri lol. This was just a test run, running it with higher memory clocks now

Hey man, I can't push a locked CPU anymore than that :p

Still upsetting to see APU's :bang head beat an i5 LOL

Hey man, I can't push a locked CPU anymore than that :p

Still upsetting to see APU's :bang head beat an i5 LOL

Yeah, I'd be as well. But if you're looking into the performance per clock, your i5 still blows them out of the water :).
See the overclock I needed to come above the 1000 mark lol

Hey , If you're good maybe Santa will bring you 3770K for christmas. That would fit right into that board wouldn't it?

Yeah, I'd be as well. But if you're looking into the performance per clock, your i5 still blows them out of the water :).
See the overclock I needed to come above the 1000 mark lol
:thup:
Hey , If you're good maybe Santa will bring you 3770K for christmas. That would fit right into that board wouldn't it?

Ooooooh yes it would! :drool:

Hehe, if my CPU is stable on 1 core, I'll get 3rd fastest i5 2300. I'll even best 87tdna's speeds on that chip ^_^

Hehe, if my CPU is stable on 1 core, I'll get 3rd fastest i5 2300. I'll even best 87tdna's speeds on that chip ^_^

Sorry not allowed to disable cores for this bench

!Important! These are the minimum requirements for entry:
- An account on the site (against spambots)
- We’re not responsible of any hardware damage caused by heat and overvoltage,
run the benchmark and overclock at your own risk
- Only one score submission per person
- No thread/core disabling
- Included in screenshot:
> Version 1.70 from CPUz or newer
> Wallpaper Download Here
> Notepad with Username, date and 'BlackHoleTec' on it.
> Black Hole Benchmark V4.2 Final with scores, found in ‘Benchmark’ Tab → Download
- CPU-Z Verification-link
- Windows XP or newer

Maybe I'll see what my i5 650 can do, if I can get the :censored: board working properly. Got a short in the USB ports somewhere, mouse and keyboard keep glitching out, board needs a wash to get rid of the corrosion (I think). More like the only option I have left, as I've tried everything else that seems reasonable, and time to resort to less conventional means because I'm frustrated.

Or my i5 2400, or the i7 930. I kind of wonder how the i7 930 would do in this, being older tech and all.

Shame the competition only goes as low as 4 threads.

Sorry Pharaoh, if I compete in this (if) I'm limited to 4T, as I don't have a 6T, 8T, or 12T processor.

There are almost no results on hwbot just because you can't get points for this benchmark so barely anyone cares to post it. Only those who are collecting cups are making tests. It's quite hard to compare results but for some reason I feel there won't be special difference between CPU generations. CPU clock counts most.

Without any special settings it looks like this for 4 core /8 thread haswell or IB ( so I bet that SB won't be much worse ):
4.9GHz = ~19k
5.0GHz = ~19.3k
5.1GHz = ~19.6k
5.2GHz = ~20k
5.3GHz = ~20.3k
I won't tell you where I finished :p

@TT I have untested i3 550 ( only made couple of tests on air ) but can't find any good board after my GB died. Local prices for these 1155 boards are kinda stupid, up to $100 for H55. Actually i3 540 and 550 were overclocking better than i5 650. It's still nice CPU for most of the things and most of them can run stable on air/water at 4.5GHz.

There are almost no results on hwbot just because you can't get points for this benchmark so barely anyone cares to post it. Only those who are collecting cups are making tests. It's quite hard to compare results but for some reason I feel there won't be special difference between CPU generations. CPU clock counts most.

Without any special settings it looks like this for 4 core /8 thread haswell or IB ( so I bet that SB won't be much worse ):
4.9GHz = ~19k
5.0GHz = ~19.3k
5.1GHz = ~19.6k
5.2GHz = ~20k
5.3GHz = ~20.3k
I won't tell you where I finished :p

@TT I have untested i3 550 ( only made couple of tests on air ) but can't find any good board after my GB died. Local prices for these 1155 boards are kinda stupid, up to $100 for H55. Actually i3 540 and 550 were overclocking better than i5 650. It's still nice CPU for most of the things and most of them can run stable on air/water at 4.5GHz.

It really does matter which generation you use. Sandy bridge and the first generation are pretty close clock per clock. The only difference is that Sandy will overclock much easier.
However, using a 3rd or 4th gen intel core will give you much more points clock per clock:

5.2GHz
3Vardds.jpg

4.9GHz
bh1.png

In most benchmark CPU clock counts most, but there's definitly some difference between generations. Also memory speed and timings can affect your score a little.

Yep, but Ivy Bridge and Haswell get almost the same results ( or I get the same comparing to others on the list ).
I saw no difference worth to mention while changing memory settings.

Back