• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blu Ray authoring software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeremyCT

I need a program to take some video files I have, do some magic, and burn them to a BD-R disc such that the disc could be played in a standard Blu-Ray player. I'm experienced with Handbrake, so if I need to re-encode the files beforehand that's fine, but Handbrake doesn't seem to have the authoring capabilities I need unless I missed something. Specifically, I'm looking to burn the "Despecialized" Star Wars movies. Free or inexpensive is the goal. I'm pretty sure Adobe Encore could do this, but I don't have that much to spend. If the software could make menus as well so I could burn multiple files to one disc that'd be perfect, but not absolutely required. I'd like to use multi-layer BD discs and put all three trilogy movies on one disc, thus the need for a menu.

Last edited:
Also, some players have more capability to recognize different file formats than do others. For instance, some players will only play authored content and others will play mpg stuff. What is the capability of your Blu Ray player in that regard?

I'd like the result to be as compatible as possible so I could, say, take this to a friend or family member's house and have it play without worrying too much. Realistically, this is on my Plex server so I could theoretically play it that way wherever I go, but a physical disc is much more straightforward than setting up the Plex player app on another person's device most of the time.

I haven't used them in years, either. They were my favorite site at one time for DVD software so I thought it might be worth a look.

Here ..... you can import a variaty to different video formats and export in a BD file to burn on a disk. I just did the dark tower DVD to BLU-RAY finished product fit on a standard DVD disk. Of course you need an un encrypted video source to work with.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716

Back