• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blue antifreeze.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
voigts, do you have any more of the blue antifreeze? and i need the antifreeze because i have aluminum and copper in the same loop. i was stupid and bought an aluminum top Maze4, it was only 25 bucks, but it was a poor move by me.
You can always order the acetel top from DD if your unhappy with the one you have.

mysterfix said:
You can always order the acetel top from DD if your unhappy with the one you have.

well, its a great block, its not really worth the extra money just to buy the acetel top, as id be using antifreeze to begin with. so my new move it to go to a shell station, and see if their antifreeze in the States is blue, and if so, purchase some. we dont have any regular antifreeze, so im bummed.

engine ice. Although a little more expensive than antifreeze. Any large atv/motorcycle shop should have it. Nice deep blue color. It will still be able to freeze and boil over but it does increase cooling ability over plain water and stops corrosion. It is not a mix. It comes ready to use. I think a 2 quart bottle was around $16 locally.

why dont you just get winshield wiper fluid, the winter -30* stuff? it's blue, and commonly used as an anti-freeze replacement.

http://www.overclockers.com/articles993/index06.asp

"Most commercial windshield wiper fluids are primarily water and methanol (33%). By itself this could be OK, especially if you need freeze protection for a chill water system operating below the freezing point of water (but still not as good as straight water). However windshield wiper fluid also contains various solvents, surfactants and dyes that don't help in the cooling process and in fact may hamper it.

Recommendation: Don't do it."

Back