• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PanteraGSTK

I've had my eye on this for a while now, but have yet to pull the trigger. I am going to be installing a projector in an adjacent room and run a long hdmi for A/V from my gaming pc so I can play games on the big screen without the loud pc in the room. Plus I want to be able to use it where it is without moving it around. I've read really good things about that keyboard combo, but I won't know if it will work until I buy it. I'll only be about 25' away so I shouldn't have signal issues.

What do you guys think? If that won't work, how do you suggest accomplishing what I want?

I'll take the silence to mean that nobody uses a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo. That or you are sitting right next to your desk when you are using them. I guess I'll find out the hard way.

nope i dont seriously use BT for mouse, but i use them for presentation, heavy gamers dont even like wireless .
25 feet is a long way for BT, in my house that is about where starts breaking up.
would be excellent for the htpc part, but for gaming
http://www.google.com/#q=Logitech+M..._gc.r_pw.&fp=739cf39a78c48e1&biw=1391&bih=901

also some people indicated that as the computer is working, the mouse has a harder time, i know with my air mouse, if the comptuer it loaded working, i might as well toss it out the window. but the air mouse specially uses multiple HIDs to try and maintain a faster communications to the computer. I sort of expected it to choke during hard stuff, just not be completly useless when rendering 3d game. i had tons of CPU leftover, so it must be the total communications thing, the chipsets and all.
could be that certian newer better chipsets would not have so much troubles.

how about turn based gaming? or for playing gemdrop? golf? just not Need for speed :)

Last edited:
So...How about extending usb over ethernet? I just want to game on the big screen with the higher end sound system. I could move it every time, but that thing is heavy (plus very loud).

What should I do to accomplish what I'd like to do? Simple KVM?

ahh
how does a long HDMI digital cable work at such a distance?
it has to be a good well shielded cable.
mabey the same thing would be true with a good well shielded usb data cable?

i have only used up to 12Feet myself, every long extended data cable, firewire, hdmi, all have very good shields, and mabey even secondary shielding.
The quality of signal or ammount of signal at both ends, then the ammount of that signal that makes it to the other end intact without interferances.
i dont know if it is possible, but if it was it would be a good cable.

low resistance copper conductors, mabey "oxygen free" style for longevity, good quality insulation that didnt increase capacitance, shielded wire instead of twisted pairs or cheap shield, with a secondary wrap shield. something that didnt have the words monster on it, so a human could actually afford it.

a "hub" is a repeater of sorts, although its buffers and resending can add in microseconds of delay, if the signal didnt quite make it, a good powered hub item should finish it up, then the 2 items only need 1 Usb cable ?

Last edited:
ahh
how does a long HDMI digital cable work at such a distance?
it has to be a good well shielded cable.
mabey the same thing would be true with a good well shielded usb data cable?

i have only used up to 12Feet myself, every long extended data cable, firewire, hdmi, all have very good shields, and mabey even secondary shielding.
The quality of signal or ammount of signal at both ends, then the ammount of that signal that makes it to the other end intact without interferances.
i dont know if it is possible, but if it was it would be a good cable.

low resistance copper conductors, mabey "oxygen free" style for longevity, good quality insulation that didnt increase capacitance, shielded wire instead of twisted pairs or cheap shield, with a secondary wrap shield. something that didnt have the words monster on it, so a human could actually afford it.

a "hub" is a repeater of sorts, although its buffers and resending can add in microseconds of delay, if the signal didnt quite make it, a good powered hub item should finish it up, then the 2 items only need 1 Usb cable ?

USB has issues going over 16.5'. USB over Ethernet works well from what I'm reading. I may give that a try. The adapters aren't cheap, but will be worth it if it works. My hdmi cable will handle the 50ft length just fine. Especially with the signal booster on it.

Back