• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bobnova's PhII X4 965BE Adventures Continue!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobnova

Now with LN2 and TJuan!

That's right folks, your favorite dynamic duo of on camera livestreaming entertainment is at it again tonight!
We'll be taking my 965BE that I ran last week on DIce all the way cold on LN2, with some full pot action.
This will be my third AMD extreme overclocking run, and only the second with LN2. Expect noobishness, confusion, and records and we do our best to pull in a few more points for the team and knock IMOG's 965BE scores down a notch.

The particulars:

Who: Bobnova and TJuan.
Where: TJuan's house, or possibly garage. Not sure. I hope house, it's cold outside.
When: Sometime in the next couple hours.
What: This is complicated, see below:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition AM3.
Motherboard: Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 AM3.
RAM: G.Skill Perfect Storm 2000-8-8-8-1t Hyper IC.
Hard Drive: Really? You care about the hard drive? Tough.
GPU: MSI 4670 ICE-Q GDDR3.
PSU: TJuan's PSU of significant wattage and efficiency, AKA Enermax 1050w
Benching Station: BobnovaBuilt Custom ex-POSATX Special.
Insulation method: Eraser and VASOLIIIIIIINE
Cooling: LIQUID (@*#&%* NITROGEN!
Goal: 2d domination, except for PC05.
2.Goal: Fun.
3.Goal: More fun.

This will hopefully be streamed, I can't bring my netbook as it will be entertaining kids tonight, but TJuan should be able to manage a stream.

Last edited:
Yeah I am back to what I am good at tonight, Pouring and stupid antics, and Ln2 :D

and yeah their is no way i am benching in the garage, it might be a pain to haul the ln2 up the stairs, but the comfort level, and having all the tools and extra hardware at hand is worth it. Plus i still haven't pulled a cable to the garage for internet :D

Last edited:
What Livestream Channel?

EDIT: set you guys up on overclockers-joe under tsunamijuan's channel. Announced on frontpage also. :)

Last edited:
Results from the first round follow.
The second round will be tonight or tomorrow night, I need to clean much of the house first, as well as write a PSU review for OCF.

965be results take1.png

That's 57.82 points, none of them do anything useful to me, IMOG's 965 results are higher than mine so in the rev4 flavor of things I have bought the team 5.7 points. Not a ton, but something!
Rather less, sadly, than IMOG got last night, his 15 global CPUz score trumps this by a fair amount!
It was, however, fun!
It also moved me up the team rank by one slot.

It's not about the points, it's about having a good time doing something you love to do. Right?

Exactly.
The points are just a bonus. I've decided to treat the points on an absolute scale rather than from the standpoint of what gets me a higher rank.
Mostly because it takes a bare minimum 18.4 boint result (or a score with >2.4 globals) to improve my position in the overall rankings.
Those are even more fun though!

Sidenote: Soaking high grade chocolate (65%) in LN2 has rendered it much smoother the next day.

i have always been a little hesitant to freeze food or make ice cream with LN2. Probaly because of this:
IMAG0615.jpg

Back